Author Topic: PICTURE THREAD - CANT GET PAGE 4  (Read 2344 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
PICTURE THREAD - CANT GET PAGE 4
« Topic Start: October 07, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »
Hey JMAD,

For some reason, I can't get page 4 of the picture thread.  I can get 1-3 though.  Anyone else reporting this trouble.

natsfan1a

Re: PICTURE THREAD - CANT GET PAGE 4
« Reply #1: October 07, 2007, 01:01:40 PM »
I tried to post a picture there and it froze up on me. Hope I didn't break it. :(

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #2: October 07, 2007, 03:25:14 PM »
I tried to post a picture there and it froze up on me. Hope I didn't break it. :(

Oh, way to go NatsFan  :evil:

It doesn't seem to be anything you could have done.  Even if it were, the software shouldn't have permitted it to be.  I just tried it and I couldn't get anything either, but it seems to be a due to a slow connection with 3rd party server.

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: October 07, 2007, 03:26:48 PM »
Thanks, I hope it wasn't me. :hang:

Oh, way to go NatsFan  :evil:

It doesn't seem to be anything you could have done.  Even if it were, the software shouldn't have permitted it to be.  I just tried it and I couldn't get anything either, but it seems to be a due to a slow connection with 3rd party server.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #4: October 07, 2007, 03:55:02 PM »
Thanks, I hope it wasn't me. :hang:

Most definitely wasn't.  And, if a user ever does break a system, the software developer is the one who actually the only who made the mistake and needs to find the solution.  Besides, even if there is a problem, the focus should be on the solution rather than trying to point fingers.  This SMF board software is better than its competition (IPB, PHPBB, etc.), but can wig out with some big pics even if the pics fit within the defined parameters for resolution and size.   FAU uses the same software, and has had the same problem.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #5: October 07, 2007, 04:10:44 PM »
Can you post a link to the picture you're trying to upload?  I think I set the upper limit on picture sizes at 1 MB per picture, if it's any larger than that you may need to resize it.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #6: October 07, 2007, 04:13:04 PM »
Chief is there an email address to contact you or is there a moderator we can send pictures to that we have trouble uploading.  If so, send it in a PM to myself and natsfan1a because every now and then I'm not sure about posting a picture until I do it.

If it needs resizing I'm not sure how.  Thus I would send it to you or a mod.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #7: October 07, 2007, 07:07:16 PM »
Chief is there an email address to contact you or is there a moderator we can send pictures to that we have trouble uploading.  If so, send it in a PM to myself and natsfan1a because every now and then I'm not sure about posting a picture until I do it.

If it needs resizing I'm not sure how.  Thus I would send it to you or a mod.

There's an email link under my avatar, or you can private message me (link for that is also under my avatar)

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #8: October 07, 2007, 09:42:46 PM »
OOPS Sorry.   :doh: :-[