Author Topic: Upon Nick's return, who should sit?  (Read 1141 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Upon Nick's return, who should sit?
« Topic Start: September 06, 2005, 02:00:22 PM »
Nick Johnson's about ready to return to the lineup.  If you were manager, who would you sit?   Who do you think Frank will sit?

a) Nick himself
b) Wilky
c) Guillen
d) Byrd
e) Wilson

I would platoon Guillen and Wilkerson, just couldn't bear to bench Byrd or Wilson right now.  And if we are to succeed, I think we need to get Nick back on track again, and sitting isn't going to help.

I am fearful that he will sit Byrd, who would be my last choice.

What says you armchair managers?

Offline rileyn

« Reply #1: September 06, 2005, 02:10:01 PM »
First off, they better make sure Nick is good and healthy before he comes back.  The Nick JOhnson we have seen since his return has not the Nick Johnson of the first half.  Therefore, if he is still gimpy I would say keep him on the pine until one of the others cools off.  At this point, I think you go with the hot hands down the stretch, regardless of who they are.  Only 25 games left, so put the pedal to the metal and see what happens.

natslive

« Reply #2: September 06, 2005, 02:27:34 PM »
Good Post

Nick even with his horrible August ( .221 BA .325 OBP and .394 SLG) was still better then a lot of guys out there. He is also able to work the count which is something the Nats are poor at. If healthy Nick plays but the question is how healthy.

I really like Byrd and would throw him in and see what he can do. Rest Guillen. Wilson has been hot but he makes me nervous in the field. Play those who are hot and bench those who are not. But I'm just a fan...

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: September 06, 2005, 05:50:05 PM »
I agree with keeping Byrd in the lineup.  Wilson I'm less sure about, but as rileyn says, this is the home stretch.  We need to play whoever will give us timely hits, regardless of who they are.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: September 07, 2005, 09:12:24 AM »
you have to play byrd until he cools off.  sit wilkerson, play NJ but be quick to yank him.  church comes back too.  at least what this glut of OF'ers does is allow frank to get people out of the lineup if they are slumping.  no more hitting your way out of a slump.  you have a bad two games, someone is taking your spot

Izarkrane

« Reply #5: September 07, 2005, 12:52:57 PM »
Sit Guillen. He's been hitting really poorly lately. He should take a break.