Author Topic: Rowdy Fans  (Read 497 times)

natslive

Rowdy Fans
« Topic Start: September 04, 2005, 09:11:30 AM »
Just some rantings.......

The police were busy last night pulling rowdy fans from the game. Did anyone catch what they did? It looked like several Philly fans got to leave early last down down to the left of section 212 (were we sit). There was another disturbance earlier in the game to our right.

Any reason for the low crowds this series. I have three reasons:

1. Poor play
     2. Everyone is out of town
     3. People are afraid to drive after the Friday gas scare

I hope Kelly or Watson can pitch. The Nats need some live arms after the last several days.

While I am at it add Tony T to the list of those to walk the plank when we get a new owner(oh please make it happen soon). The budget nonsense and the lack of knowlledge about DC baseball (Presidential Opener?) makes him history.

A note to Frank or Jimbo, please hire a new third base coach.

The PSAs are nice but why don't we pass the hat and collect money for New Orleans. We did that in Harrisburg Thursday night?

The Nats acted like they won the World Series last night. I just hope they play with some fire today.

Online Ray D

Re: Rowdy Fans
« Reply #1: September 04, 2005, 09:47:23 AM »
Quote from: "natslive"
JThe Nats acted like they won the World Series last night.

Same way Altanta acted when they won Thursday.  

Thursday's loss was devastating, and last night would have been even more so if the Nats had lost. I felt that they were just showing spontaneous emotion and relief, and I was glad to see it.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #2: September 04, 2005, 10:38:50 AM »
Quote from: "Ray D"

Thursday's loss was devastating, and last night would have been even more so if the Nats had lost. I felt that they were just showing spontaneous emotion and relief, and I was glad to see it.

I agree.  It was GREAT to see them react that way when we won.  It's been a long time.  My theory on the small crowds is:

1) Labor Day weekend so tons of Washingtonians are at the beach for one last hurrah.
2) The gas situation probably has many people re-assessing what they spend their money on.  Unfortunately, the Nats may be cut out.

natslive

« Reply #3: September 04, 2005, 10:43:21 AM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "Ray D"

I agree.  It was GREAT to see them react that way when we won.  It's been a long time.  My theory on the small crowds is:

1) Labor Day weekend so tons of Washingtonians are at the beach for one last hurrah.
2) The gas situation probably has many people re-assessing what they spend their money on.  Unfortunately, the Nats may be cut out.

we agree about the reaction - hope it's the start of something big for this week and the rest of the season