Author Topic: Cowboys replace Redskins as NFL's most valuable franchise  (Read 1280 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Cowboys replace Redskins as NFL's most valuable franchise

NEW YORK -- The Dallas Cowboys wrested the title of the NFL's most valuable franchise from the rival Redskins, knocking Washington off the top of the list for the first time in eight years, according to Forbes magazine's annual survey.

Thanks to a new $1 billion stadium set to open in 2009, the Cowboys' value increased by 28 percent -- by far the largest jump among NFL teams this year -- to $1.5 billion. They climbed from third to first in the rankings, leapfrogging the Redskins ($1.467 billion) and the New England Patriots ($1.199 billion).

The new stadium added about $350 million to the Cowboys' value. Jerry Jones can now boast that he owns the world's most valuable sports franchise, according to Forbes.

"Our organization's incentive has always been to have our franchise recognized as being the best, both on and off the field,'' Jones said. "This is recognition of the fans and the many constituencies who have helped build the Dallas Cowboys.''

The Houston Texans and the Philadelphia Eagles again round out the top five and remain the only other franchises worth more than $1 billion.

Both New York teams also enjoyed big jumps in the rankings because of a planned stadium. The Giants moved from 15th to eighth with a 9 percent increase to $974 million. The Jets went from 19th to 10th with a 10 percent improvement to $967 million.

Their jointly owned, $1.3 billion facility is scheduled to open in 2010. The stadium added about $50 million to each franchise's value. That number is smaller than the Cowboys' because the venue isn't as far along. Forbes expects that the two teams' rankings will continue to climb as the stadium nears completion.

The Cleveland Browns were the only franchise whose value decreased. They rank ninth at $969 million, down from $970 million.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018143

Just when i thought we couldn't own ya anymore than we hyave., now we dethrown ya as tha most valuable franchise evr.

Deadskins lost(again). Bow down, sukkasssssssssssss!!!!!!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
1 word. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline saltydad

Wonder what's next in Dan's plans, another stadium? I'll settle for the Super Bowl! :woop:

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Wonder what's next in Dan's plans, another stadium? I'll settle for the Super Bowl! :woop:

You'll have to settle for in in your next life, or another life time.

Offline PANatsFan

You'll have to settle for in in your next life, or another life time.

I believe the Redskins have had a second round playoff appearance in the last two years. How about the Cowboys? Hmmmmm?

Offline kimnat

Actually Snyder's been trying to get the big Bowl here!

Offline PANatsFan

Actually Snyder's been trying to get the big Bowl here!

Cool - we could be the home team!!!!

Offline kimnat

Yeah and that would trump the DoughBoys!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
For someone who claims isn't a bandwagon cowboy fan metssuck fits the profile like a glove. But wait a minute, before this news came out cowboy fans used to say that this kind of thing doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with football. Now it matters!  :stupid:   :rofl: This kind of thing REALLY means absolutely nothing.

Offline ronnynat

For someone who claims isn't a bandwagon cowboy fan metssuck fits the profile like a glove. But wait a minute, before this news came out cowboy fans used to say that this kind of thing doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with football. Now it matters!  :stupid:   :rofl: This kind of thing REALLY means absolutely nothing.

shows how much I cared. I didn't even know we were the most "valuable" franchise at any point. But really, aren't the Colts the most "valuable" at this point?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
shows how much I cared. I didn't even know we were the most "valuable" franchise at any point. But really, aren't the Colts the most "valuable" at this point?

That's how I measure things. I never found pride in the fact that Dan Snyder was gouging his fanbase to the point of being considered the most valuable. It costs $65 to sit in the last row  of the upper deck at FedEx and I find that ridiculous. There was an incident in the row in front of me where 2 couples had tickets for the same seats. I felt bad for them because it took almost an entire half to settle the issue and one couple learned their tickets were invalid. That should never happen.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
For someone who claims isn't a bandwagon cowboy fan metssuck fits the profile like a glove. But wait a minute, before this news came out cowboy fans used to say that this kind of thing doesn't matter because it has nothing to do with football. Now it matters!  :stupid:   :rofl: This kind of thing REALLY means absolutely nothing.

lol humor me. what exactly os tha profile of a bandwagon cowboy fan. cuz in dc, you'd be surprise how many cowboys fans you run into.

Offline kimnat

lol humor me. what exactly os tha profile of a bandwagon cowboy fan. cuz in dc, you'd be surprise how many cowboys fans you run into.

And that's what's just wrong w/ this area!  People who LOVE dallas but have never been there.

Offline PANatsFan

And that's what's just wrong w/ this area!  People who LOVE dallas but have never been there.

Dallas is not a very nice city. At all.

Go Redskins!

See, I'm consistent.

Offline kimnat

LOL!!!  Love it!

Offline saltydad

An acquaitance of mine in NY is a diehard Cowboys fan. He always criticized that the Skins were the only team that had a song. I reply that the others are just too stupid to come up with one.

www.haruth.com/RedskinsHailtotheRedskins.html

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline PANatsFan

An acquaitance of mine in NY is a diehard Cowboys fan. He always criticized that the Skins were the only team that had a song. I reply that the others are just too stupid to come up with one.

www.haruth.com/RedskinsHailtotheRedskins.html

There is a Steelers song - it's hilarious. Here We Go . . .