Author Topic: Presidents RaceI'm in New England now, I was picking up bits and pieces of the b  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Ray D

What happened with the Presidents Race last night?  I'm in New England now, I was picking up bits and pieces of the broadcast last night. The play by play of the Race was incoherent. Something about secret service, the result was challenged, and then we lost the broadcast for good. What happened?

Offline Ray D

Sorry, part of the message got into the subject line. Don't know how that happened.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
What happened with the Presidents Race last night?  I'm in New England now, I was picking up bits and pieces of the broadcast last night. The play by play of the Race was incoherent. Something about secret service, the result was challenged, and then we lost the broadcast for good. What happened?

It was great. An inning before the race, they showed a video of Teddy training a la Rocky. It was hilarious. Then during the race, they had Teddy carried out like an emperor on a platform while secret service guys walked behind him blocking the other presidents from getting by. This was the tease to make everyone think that Teddy was going to be carried to victory. But alas, it was not to be. As Teddy's platform was lowered (or simply began to sink due to his weight), he toppled to ground, which prompted the Secret Service guys to surround him in protection mode, which of course allowed the other presidents to run by as the standard music (Ritchie Valens's "Let's Go") began to play. Teddy was able to recover and attempt a comeback, and replays seemed to indicate he may have hit the ribbon first, but victory was awarded to George.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
I still think they're saving Teddy's win for the RFK finale ultimo on the 23rd. (The proceedings yesterday were indeed hilarious, though.)

Offline nats2playoffs

... Teddy was able to recover and attempt a comeback, and replays seemed to indicate he may have hit the ribbon first, but victory was awarded to George.

Teddy will NEVER be allowed to win one of these RIGGED races, since he was a Republican winner and then a 3rd-party loser.  If he were ahead by 20 feet, he'd still be declared a loser. 

When any kind of RIGGED "competition" takes place in the ball park, it makes you wonder if the outcome of the Nationals games are also being rigged (gambling)...  Kasten, run a FAIR, REAL race, or don't run it AT ALL!  Let the winner get a prize or run for a charity, but NO MORE FIXED outcomes!!!!!! 

RACISTS!!!!!!

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Teddy will NEVER be allowed to win one of these RIGGED races, since he was a Republican winner and then a 3rd-party loser.  If he were ahead by 20 feet, he'd still be declared a loser. 

When any kind of RIGGED "competition" takes place in the ball park, it makes you wonder if the outcome of the Nationals games are also being rigged (gambling)...  Kasten, run a FAIR, REAL race, or don't run it AT ALL!  Let the winner get a prize or run for a charity, but NO MORE FIXED outcomes!!!!!! 

RACISTS!!!!!!

Uh, when is the mothership coming back with your supplies?

Seriously though, Teddy should never win.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
ah I was so sick last night I couldn't watch the game, i just slept.

so teddy didn't win eh? disappointed, you'd think he could at least win on his bobblehead day.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
I think they could vastly improve the President's Race by selecting 4 participants from the crowd each game, having them each put on one of the costumes, and then have a legitimate race for some sort of prize. 

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
The thing started out very cool but I was pissed off when he didn't win. That's why they got booed for it. I guess they're trying to milk for as long as they can but it's getting old fast. I really thought he had won anyway and they would have some sort of 'recount'/instant replay moment to determine Teddy had won. I tried to get my girlfriend to join me in tossing our bobbleheads onto the field in protest but she wouldn't bite so I refrained also. Besides, Hanranhan had a no-hitter going at the time and I didn't want to ruin it with a long delay to clean up all the bobbleheads. However I will confess that I whispered to my girlfriend that he had a no hitter going and then 2 batters later Feliz hit a home run.  :lol:   

nospinzone1

maybe they should include Klinton and have instead of a rabbit like dog races, any female and nobody would ever win but him.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Uh, when does the mothership coming back with your supplies?

Seriously though, Teddy should never win.
:lol: n2p is a riot.  Let's not discourage whatever neurosis drives him to be like that.

That was a great race they had last night.  It had to be the most entertaining one I've seen.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Teddy was Robbed!   :roll:  You would think with members of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt HS players and such there, he should have won!!!

I'm thinking Opening Day at the New Stadium.  I think Lerner said on that PBS show that they may involve other "Presidents" in the new stadium and market the races more with T-shirts and such.  So even if Teddy does win one.  A new President may be the loveable loser next year.  Just a theory!

Offline spidernat

Teddy was Robbed!   :roll:  You would think with members of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt HS players and such there, he should have won!!!

I'm thinking Opening Day at the New Stadium.  I think Lerner said on that PBS show that they may involve other "Presidents" in the new stadium and market the races more with T-shirts and such.  So even if Teddy does win one.  A new President may be the loveable loser next year.  Just a theory!

My girlfriend suggested guest President's last night but with the people in this town (who can't seem to put politics aside for an instant even for the fun of a baseball game) choosing who to participate could be difficult without raising controversy. I can only imagine a couple President's that could be neutral in spite of party affiliations (Adams, FDR, JFK and maybe WW and Truman).

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Or they could line Republican Congressmen up starting out of mens rooms stalls... and see who doesn't come out of the stall, and why....

Time to give up the righteous Republican crap. They're no more moral than Democrats. Humans are all capable of remarkably stupid and shocking things.

maybe they should include Klinton and have instead of a rabbit like dog races, any female and nobody would ever win but him.

Offline saltydad

Or they could line Republican Congressmen up starting out of mens rooms stalls... and see who doesn't come out of the stall, and why....

Time to give up the righteous Republican crap. They're no more moral than Democrats. Humans are all capable of remarkably stupid and shocking things.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Offline spidernat

This reeks of righteous liberal bullcrap to me. Which only illustrates my point. Neither side can keep their bullcrap out of something that for all intents and purposes should be politically neutral and has nothing to do with politics. 

nospinzone1

I think they could vastly improve the President's Race by selecting 4 participants from the crowd each game, having them each put on one of the costumes, and then have a legitimate race for some sort of prize. 

GREAT IDEA

nospinzone1

IF YOU HAVE READ ME BEFORE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I AM AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BASHER FOR BOTH PARTIES, EVEN THOUGH I AM A REPUBLICAN, I CAN BASH MY OWN PEOPLE, SOMETHING THAT DEMAGOGUE DEMOC RATS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING. BY THE WAY, THAT WAS A JOKE.

Offline GburgNatsFan

I'm a Republican, one that thinks the party is being completely spoiled by self righteousness.

But read it the way you want. I mean, there's nothing self righteous in your tone, right?

And which part, exactly, sounded like liberal bullcrap? The part where I said everyone is capable of stupid things?

This reeks of righteous liberal bullcrap to me. Which only illustrates my point. Neither side can keep their bullcrap out of something that for all intents and purposes should be politically neutral and has nothing to do with politics. 
In

Offline GburgNatsFan

Certainly no more capable than those Republicans that are demagogues.

Oh wait, maybe that was the joke... sorry.
IF YOU HAVE READ ME BEFORE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT I AM AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BASHER FOR BOTH PARTIES, EVEN THOUGH I AM A REPUBLICAN, I CAN BASH MY OWN PEOPLE, SOMETHING THAT DEMAGOGUE DEMOC RATS ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING. BY THE WAY, THAT WAS A JOKE.

Offline spidernat

I'm a Republican, one that thinks the party is being completely spoiled by self righteousness.

But read it the way you want. I mean, there's nothing self righteous in your tone, right?In

I had a difficult time typing my post because I couldn't look too far down my nose. :rofl: My post was meant to exclude anything regarding political bullcrap from baseball. But people started chiming in (because they obviously can't help themselves) and proving the validity of my point. I don't like the dirty business and hypocrisy of politics, on both sides of the aisle, and I abhor the schisms it causes among people.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Yeah. I can usually restrain myself. This is my trigger point. Sorry I went there.
I had a difficult time typing my post because I couldn't look too far down my nose. :rofl: My post was meant to exclude anything regarding political bullcrap from baseball. But people started chiming in (because they obviously can't help themselves) and proving the validity of my point. I don't like the dirty business and hypocrisy of politics, on both sides of the aisle, and I abhor the schisms it causes among people.

nospinzone1

Certainly no more capable than those Republicans that are demagogues.

Oh wait, maybe that was the joke... sorry.

what i meant by a joke was the one about klinton and the electronic rabbits, capish?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I'm a liberal conservative and I'll take a beer.   Or is that conservative liberal ?

Offline kimnat

I'm a liberal conservative and I'll take a beer.   Or is that conservative liberal ?

Is that an oxymoron?  :D  conservative and liberal in the same descriptive phrase?