Author Topic: Mondays game against Atlanta  (Read 1376 times)

Montcobaseball

Mondays game against Atlanta
« Topic Start: August 29, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »
I would be surprised if this game is played.  The first spiral bands are starting to move through the Atlanta metro area with heavy rain and there are tornado warnings.

Scot

« Reply #1: August 29, 2005, 06:10:21 PM »
From AP:

ATLANTA (AP) -- The game between the Washington Nationals and the Atlanta Braves scheduled for Monday night was postponed because of rain before it started. It will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Wednesday beginning at 4:35 p.m.

The teams are also scheduled to play Tuesday night.

Scot.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #2: August 29, 2005, 06:16:12 PM »
gee thanks ya big jinx, here I was reved up for this HUGE series against the Braves and now the battered and bruised Nationals have to play a doubleheaders against the 14 TIME GONNA BE WINNERS of the NL EAST. The nationals are gonna get swept face it, we'll be out of the playoff picture faster than you can say "doubleheader"

Wohoo,  :o , Nationalzfanatic88 is officially aboard the "cranky and pissed off, pessimistic Train to Hell" no wonder you guys have hopped on its SO MUCH FUN!! :twisted:.....

.....edit: sorry as you guys can see I'm really taking this the wrong way, I need a break, hope the Nats can manage a sweep of the Braves!! ITS POSSIBLE!!!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: August 29, 2005, 11:15:21 PM »
There's no such thing as a jinx when you are dealing with Mother Nature, she'll have her way no matter what is said.

And hey, you can STILL get revved up for the series, and the HUGE double header of Wednesday.

And why apologize, its good to be passionate about your team. That's why we are ALL here

Jerspos

« Reply #4: August 30, 2005, 01:06:46 AM »
do you think they will be playing on Tuesday ??? I hear it is supposed to be ugly again tommorow...what will they do about it ??? Tripleheader lol

Scot

« Reply #5: August 30, 2005, 10:55:10 AM »
This could get nasty for the Nat's pitching staff. If Tuesday's game is rained out, I expect they'd schedule another DH for Thursday. 4 games in 2 days would be hell on the pitching staff, even with rosters expanding on Thursday.

Scot.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: August 30, 2005, 11:58:23 AM »
If they scheduled a double header, it would kinda nasty for the Braves as well. If today's game does get rained out, they may decide to play it (if necessary by either team) on Monday October 3rd.

I'm not sure how many pitchers the Nats will call up, but I cant see that many being called. White, Hughes, Nitkowski, Bray (maybe) if there are any others, we'll have to wait and see.

Ryan Zimmerman

« Reply #7: August 30, 2005, 12:31:22 PM »
I hope, today's game won't be postponed because me and Kenza...are gonna be able to watch it on tv (RDS  :lol: ).

I dunno but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole...series is gpnna be postponed.Bad bad weather in Atlanta.