Author Topic: I'll make this quick and to the point  (Read 699 times)

Offline rileyn

I'll make this quick and to the point
« Topic Start: August 28, 2005, 09:37:50 PM »
I sat 3 rows behind the Nats dugout today.  THEY HAVE GIVEN UP.  Our entire section couldn't believe how flat/dead the team is.  No life at all.  It comes across on TV, but in up close it hits you right smack in the face.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: August 29, 2005, 11:43:58 AM »
Which is completely inexcusable given we are only 2.5 games out of the wildcard slot.  Something is just not right.

None of the other contenders is playing particularly well, the playoff slot is there for the taking for any team that can play say .600 ball the rest of the way.  You'd think that would inspire a little effort.  

Maybe they should bring up Short and Zimm, shake the infield up.

natslive

« Reply #2: August 29, 2005, 10:14:18 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Which is completely inexcusable given we are only 2.5 games out of the wildcard slot.  Something is just not right.

None of the other contenders is playing particularly well, the playoff slot is there for the taking for any team that can play say .600 ball the rest of the way.  You'd think that would inspire a little effort.  

Maybe they should bring up Short and Zimm, shake the infield up.

part of the problem is that we have guys playing injured when they should be on DL (aka Vinny, Wilkerson, Vidro) and should have called up Short, Harris and Watson/Godwin to play for them earlier but since Frank seems to have an aversion to playing "rookies" it hasn't happened...I mean I'd rather see Jamey/Baerga/Blanco rotate at 3rd than watch Vinny hobble around and not be able to make a play unless the ball is hit right to him......bottom line is even if they bring up Short and Zimm (or others) I just don't see Frank playing them....also that brings up the whole personnel management issue up as we seem to have players that are hurt and don't play but we don't put on the DL (like Guzman/Blanco earlier this year) so end up with a short bench, just like with pitching - if Armas is having shoulder problems maybe he should be on the DL and we call up someone and give them a shot rather than have Armas go out and pitch 2/3 innings then be out of the game and have to use the bullpen for the rest of the game.....