Author Topic: OFFICIAL WNFF END OF SEASON TAILGATE PARTY SUNDAY 9/16 LOT 8 RFK  (Read 12220 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Calsgr8 - be here at 9:45, then please.  We have to stop by oakton and pu the ribs on the way in!

Planning on leaving here (Manassas) by 9

Gotta go.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
GOOD MORNING ALL...........

ITS GOING TO BE A COLD ONE TODAY

LETS GO NATS

SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kimnat

anyone bringing coffee?

natsfan1a

I remember seeing someone on the food list that was going to. Ali and Frau Mau, maybe?

anyone bringing coffee?

natsfan1a

I'll offload some ballast and leave the utentils home since calsgr8 has a big bag of them.

Offline saltydad

I'll upload some pix from today's tailgate....a wonderful time. We missed JMad and Spider, among others, but they were there in spirit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline saltydad

more...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline saltydad

Looks like some folks got covered up in the group shot; hopefully one of the other cameras got clearer views. :-[
Also Bob Carpenter came by and enjoyed some hot dogs with us in addition to Debbie Taylor; I didn't get any shots of Bob though.

Offline kimnat

I see Shoeshineboy is pulling a "Wilson" again!  That's him in the white hat behind me.  The red hat behind me is Dan.

Wonderful! pictures Salty!

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
BTW, how about the guy down in section 2-something who caught that towering foul ball Andrew Jones hit off the New Era sign just under the roof...while holding a baby???  Play of the game  :lol:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Great Pics!  I'll have to figure out my camera and how to download them.  I love that one with Andrew being interviewed.  The expression - Priceless!

I'm here at my computer having leftovers for Din Din.  MMMMM Black beans and rice and 2 pieces of Chicken!  As Rachel Ray would say "De-lish!"   :P

It was great meeting everybody!  Finally putting faces to screen names.  Some People I remembered their Screen Name better than their real names.  Oh, well.  One of my pictures includes NoSpin's car!   :D.  I did get some pics of Bob too.

Thanks Kimnat for the ride to RFK.  Riding with 3 kids is an adventure and you get to do it every day!   Lucky you and Dan   :lol:.  Really, they are great kids.  Even Kevin is ok.   Remember when you were a kid and you had a favorite plush toy?  Well, Kevin is one of Kim's girls' favorite plush toy and wanted me to know ALL ABOUT IT!   :lol:

I'll be at Friday's game, in my regular seats (I think) which is 518 in the FRONT ROWWWWW!  I'll also be at Sunday's but I forget the location since its different from my usual tickets.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I see Shoeshineboy is pulling a "Wilson" again! 

QFT

Sort of his trademark now, I'd say.

nospinzone1

I AM VERY THANKFUL TO HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL ADOPTED FAMILY. I HAD A GREAT TIME. MY COMPLIMENT TO THE CHEFS. WISH I DID NOT GET TIRED SO EASY. LEFT IN THE SEVENTH INNING AND A GOOD THING I DID. COULD NOT FIND MY CAR EVEN WITH ALL THE FLAGS ; IT TOOK ME ABOUT TEN MINUTES.

Offline kimnat

I AM VERY THANKFUL TO HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL ADOPTED FAMILY. I HAD A GREAT TIME. MY COMPLIMENT TO THE CHEFS. WISH I DID NOT GET TIRED SO EASY. LEFT IN THE SEVENTH INNING AND A GOOD THING I DID. COULD NOT FIND MY CAR EVEN WITH ALL THE FLAGS ; IT TOOK ME ABOUT TEN MINUTES.

Oh no!!  You poor guy!  Well we sure enjoyed spending time with you.  And all of us had a great time.  Ali, Frau Mau, Erica, her Matt, Chief, Calsgr8, Dan & myself ended hanging around yapping for a long time afterwards.  What a fantastic day!

Offline kimnat

Thanks Kimnat for the ride to RFK.  Riding with 3 kids is an adventure and you get to do it every day!   Lucky you and Dan   :lol:.  Really, they are great kids.  Even Kevin is ok.   Remember when you were a kid and you had a favorite plush toy?  Well, Kevin is one of Kim's girls' favorite plush toy and wanted me to know ALL ABOUT IT!   :lol:

We were glad to have you along! 

Folks, here's the Kevin bit!  Juliana has this beanie baby like frog (with a big bottom).  She loves it.  She calls it Kevin after a character in a video series called 3-2-1 Penguins!  This is made by the creator of Veggie Tales. Kevin is rather daft and extremely silly (just like her)!  He also has a very big bottom, just like this frog.  It's really funny, but overdone at times on Juliana's part.  It's a 4 yo thing, I guess.

natsfan1a

natsfan1c got a shot of Carpenter enjoying a hot dog. I'll see if he can post his shots at some point -- probably won't be tonight, though. I see that you got both Debbie Taylor's and my best sides, salty! ;-) Seriously, though, great shots!

Also Bob Carpenter came by and enjoyed some hot dogs with us in addition to Debbie Taylor; I didn't get any shots of Bob though.

natsfan1a

We saw a guy do that a few years ago. natsfan1b and I were saying "wait til his wife sess the video on that..." There was also a guy in our section today who posed while holding his beer bottle to his infant son's mouth. All the guys were laughing and the women were saying "that's not funny."  :nono:   

BTW, how about the guy down in section 2-something who caught that towering foul ball Andrew Jones hit off the New Era sign just under the roof...while holding a baby???  Play of the game  :lol:

natsfan1a

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that issue! :)

Some People I remembered their Screen Name better than their real names.

Offline carlfish

It was great meeting everybody today!  Go Nats!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I've got a gazillion pictures of just about anything you can imagine, but I'm exhausted and morning is coming much too soon for my liking, so I'll try to get some of the better pics up tomorrow (including one of nospin's flag-mobile, Debbi interviewing Andrew, and Bob hanging out with the pack)

Offline kimnat

Chief, I am so glad you made it up!  Thanks a bunch for being the youngest dad of a bunch of middle agers!

nospinzone1

Chief, I am so glad you made it up!  Thanks a bunch for being the youngest dad of a bunch of middle agers!
[/quot

AND A GRATEFUL CUBAN JEWISH PRINCE AND RESIDENT OLD FART.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
No way you should be thanking me, you guys are the master organizers and grillers.  And of course I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Offline kimnat

Chief, you're too modest.  We wouldn't be here were not for you!  Thank you for creating this site!

Offline HATA

Hey guys, I know I haven't been on this forum in a long time... and occassionally showed my face in the official forum to attack trolls (can't help it), but I'll be at the game on sunday.  I actually live in northern New Jersey, so the only games I really get a chance to go to are when they play the Mets or the Phillies.  I've only been to two games at RFK while visiting family in Maryland.  I'll probably swing by the tailgate to say hi and chill for a bit. 

Hope to see you all there.