Author Topic: Ross Detwiler to Appear at Merchant's Plaza Five Guys  (Read 1134 times)

Offline natsfan1a

From the P-Nats site. The site also says that he's to pitch tonight, although this item says his debut will be next Tuesday. Not sure what's up with that.

WOODBRIDGE, Va.- Potomac pitcher Ross Detwiler will appear at the Five Guys restaurant in Merchant's Plaza in Woodbridge on Saturday, August 11th from 12-1 pm.

Detwiler will be on hand to sign autographs, pose for pictures and meet with fans. P-Nats mascot Uncle Slam will be appearing at Merchant's Plaza Five Guys from 11 am-1 pm to sign autographs and give fans the opportunity to enter to win great prizes from the Potomac Nationals and Merchant's Plaza Five Guys.

Detwiler, a native of St. Louis, Mo., was the sixth overall selection by the Washington Nationals in this year's First-Year Player Draft. He was added to the Potomac roster on Monday and will make his first Carolina League start for the Nationals on Thursday, August 9th in Frederick.

Detwiler was promoted from the Nationals' Rookie-level Gulf Coast League team after compiling a 2.25 ERA in four starts. The lefty gave up three runs on 11 hits and struck out 15 batters while walking three in 12.0 innings of work. Detwiler is expected to make his Pfitzner Stadium debut on Tuesday, August 14th.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
His debut was supposed to happen in Frederick so his home debut would've been Tuesday. 

Offline natsfan1a

Okay, thanks. My husband and I are going to try to get out there tonite.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Meeting the #1 pick at a the best burger restaurant in the universe? So jealous . . .

Offline natsfan1a

Yeah, it doesn't get much better than that. I wish we could go but we already have plans for tomorrow afternoon. Maybe we can stop at Five Guys before the game... Eh, we probably won't have time.

Online sportsfan882

I'll be stopping by for sure since I only live 5 miles from there. 

Offline natsfan1a

Have fun!

Online sportsfan882

I just got back from Five Guys.  I got Detwiler's autograph on an official Major League Baseball which was pretty cool.  He was pretty cool guy, he talked a lot with the fans that showed up.  I told him I would be at his next start on Wednesday. 

Offline natsfan1a

Cool! 8)