Author Topic: Soriano Injured  (Read 1127 times)

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
Soriano Injured
« Topic Start: August 06, 2007, 09:13:51 AM »
I am surprised that someone else hasn't started a thread about this here.  Former Nat Alfonso Soriano pulled up lame last night in the Schlubs' loss to the Mets, and may be out for a month with a quad strain. 

Looking at the team stats, I didn't realize that Soriano was leading the Scrubs in most offensive categories.  This could not have come at a worse time, with the division race so tight. 

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Soriano Injured
« Reply #1: August 06, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »
I'm sure you're all choked up ;)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2: August 06, 2007, 01:40:40 PM »
LOL, karma's a nag.

Offline soxfan59

• Gough, Gough White Sox!!!
    • John R. Russell, Ltd.
« Reply #3: August 06, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
I'm sure you're all choked up ;)

Well, to be honest, I don't think its good form to wish injury on any player, even if he plays for your bitterest rival.  I do hope Soriano recovers, but I hope he's careful to take lots of time off to recover completely. 

But how bitter is the White Sox/Cubs rivalry?  Over on the White Sox Interactive Message Board, several guys had their posting privileges suspended for 3 days for openly being gleeful about Soriano's misfortune. Their policy is they won't allow the message board to sink that low.   

Offline saltydad

« Reply #4: August 06, 2007, 05:04:58 PM »
Well, to be honest, I don't think its good form to wish injury on any player, even if he plays for your bitterest rival.  I do hope Soriano recovers, but I hope he's careful to take lots of time off to recover completely. 

But how bitter is the White Sox/Cubs rivalry?  Over on the White Sox Interactive Message Board, several guys had their posting privileges suspended for 3 days for openly being gleeful about Soriano's misfortune. Their policy is they won't allow the message board to sink that low.  

Good policy.

« Reply #5: August 07, 2007, 07:46:19 AM »
Chalk up another point for Karma.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #6: August 07, 2007, 01:43:16 PM »
Soriano's injury is a bit worse than thought, he's now to be out a minimum of 4 weeks, perhaps longer.

« Reply #7: August 07, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
Soriano's injury is a bit worse than thought, he's now to be out a minimum of 4 weeks, perhaps longer.

The KP locked his ass up!