Poll

Yes or No?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
6 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Should This Man Be Charged For The Two Helicopters Crashing?  (Read 956 times)

Offline ronnynat

http://www.theday.com/re.aspx?re=eb11e11d-118a-4e5e-a622-f99a73ddd467

Just wondering if you guys think this man should be charged for this? Seems to be one or both of the pilot's mistake and it was their networks that asked them to cover this. I can't see ANY lawyer allowing this charge to stick. This is just my opinion, though.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I completely agree.  Example: if you spill coffee on someone as a joke, and they get so mad they kill a random person, should the person that spilled the coffee be charged with murder?  I think not.

Offline ronnynat

I completely agree.  Example: if you spill coffee on someone as a joke, and they get so mad they kill a random person, should the person that spilled the coffee be charged with murder?  I think not.

Thanks for replying...and good point w/ that example.

Offline NatsAddict

There is, to the best of my understanding, a huge difference.  Spilling coffee on somebody, even as a joke, isn't a felony.  As I understand it, there is often a statute that says if anybody dies as a result of the committing of a felony, even if indirect, the person(s) who committed the felony are responsible for the deaths and can face a murder charge.

I know of one weird case down here.  Short version: An acquaintance of mine is a member of the Outlaws biker gang.  He was one of three members who were dispatched to execute a member of a rival gang.  The intended victim heard them coming, shot through the door, and killed one of them.  My acquaintance was charged with 1st degree murder of his own gang member.  However, in typical Florida fashion, all charges were subsequently dropped.

Offline kimnat

:shock:  How'd you manage to become chummy w/ a biker gang?

BTW:  Pretty Mrs!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

For the first six months he posted here, we thought that was a picture of Natsaddict, not his wife

Offline kimnat

Oh yeah!  I forgot about that!!

Offline NatsAddict

:shock:  How'd you manage to become chummy w/ a biker gang?

A friend of mine was the bartender at a real dive here, so I'd go in and visit her.  It was also where some of the Outlaws hung out.  When he wasn't being an Outlaw, Al was a glazer and I had him to some work (our front door has a copyright - of course an all glass front door in a hurricane zone might not have been a good idea).  No long after all that went down, he was sitting on the other side of a corner where I always sat.  I wasn't thinking, and greeting him by asking what his ugly a** was doing out of jail and gave him a backhand to the stomach, forgetting that's where he'd been shot.  He sent me wheezing and staggering with one punch.  I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen my spleen coming up, but managed to wheeze out an apology and that I deserved it.  Definitely not one of my smarter moves, but I think he bought me lunch that day.

Offline kimnat

ROFL!!!!  You are quite an interesting nut!  What a hilarious story!

Offline Dave B

No he should not be charged. Maybe it if was a police helicopter or the cops chasing him who died, but not newsmen looking to hopefully catch some sort of fiery crash on film