Author Topic: Roger Clemens steroid rumor  (Read 1392 times)

Offline rileyn

Roger Clemens steroid rumor
« Topic Start: August 18, 2005, 06:37:19 AM »
Rumor is that he is the next big name that is about to come out.  Can you imagine?  This would rock the baseball world and make Palmeiro look like some no-name utility infielder.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #1: August 18, 2005, 07:25:28 AM »
Jesus H Christ I hope that isn't true.  Please include your source before making such an outrageous thread.  I don't like rumours...especially if it's about somebody as important to modern baseball as Roger Clemens.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #2: August 18, 2005, 08:01:02 AM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Jesus H Christ I hope that isn't true.  Please include your source before making such an outrageous thread.  I don't like rumours...especially if it's about somebody as important to modern baseball as Roger Clemens.

I don't have a published source.  It's one of those things where I know somebody and this thing has grown legs.  I would be surprised if nobody else on here has heard this yet.  It might turn out to be false so I will let it go, but I also have the name of another player that is being rumored that would be a pretty big deal too (an AL player not as big as Raffy).

Montcobaseball

« Reply #3: August 18, 2005, 08:03:47 AM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "Senators2005"

I don't have a published source.  It's one of those things where I know somebody and this thing has grown legs.  I would be surprised if nobody else on here has heard this yet.  It might turn out to be false so I will let it go, but I also have the name of another player that is being rumored that would be a pretty big deal too (an AL player not as big as Raffy).

So its like my neighbor knows this guy who works with a guy who heard..............  ?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #4: August 18, 2005, 08:30:16 AM »
Clemens has been one of the guys named for years in the rumor mill.  If true, what would this do for his hall of fame bid?

Palmeiro was probably going to make it, but now probably not.  Clemens is definitely going to make it in the absence of steroid scandal, but would be interesting to see what would happen if found to have been an abuser.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #5: August 18, 2005, 08:40:56 AM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Clemens has been one of the guys named for years in the rumor mill.  If true, what would this do for his hall of fame bid?

Palmeiro was probably going to make it, but now probably not.  Clemens is definitely going to make it in the absence of steroid scandal, but would be interesting to see what would happen if found to have been an abuser.

The guy might be the greatest right handed pitcher of all time.  I have to think that MLB would do everything possible to prevent/cover up if found to be true.  This would be a dagger to the game.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #6: August 18, 2005, 01:51:23 PM »

The guy might be the greatest right handed pitcher of all time.  I have to think that MLB would do everything possible to prevent/cover up if found to be true.  This would be a dagger to the game.

Who's the other name?  I mean, this isn't exactly the New York Times.  It isn't going to spread.  I promise to take it with a massive grain of salt.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #7: August 18, 2005, 04:19:58 PM »
HAHA, sorry, call me a cynic, but I really do hope he is on steriods, this would screw the Astros over and give us a better chance at the playoffs!!!

Offline rileyn

« Reply #8: August 18, 2005, 04:24:39 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"

Who's the other name?  I mean, this isn't exactly the New York Times.  It isn't going to spread.  I promise to take it with a massive grain of salt.

Johnny Damon

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #9: August 18, 2005, 04:51:39 PM »
Johnny Damon? Are u kidding, LOL!!! That would be so funny!!

Yes, I know I'm twisted like that :twisted: