Author Topic: Phillies lend a hand with tarp  (Read 810 times)

natsfan1a

Phillies lend a hand with tarp
« Topic Start: July 09, 2007, 05:34:45 PM »
It's cool that they wanted to help the Rockies grounds crew out but lucky that nobody got hurt (from yesterday's game). The Rockies players were already in the clubhouse evidently. Probably just as well that Jamey Carroll didn't try to help. I like the guy but a strong gust would probably blow him away.  :D

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/gameday_recap.jsp?ymd=20070708&content_id=2075353&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=phi

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: Phillies lend a hand with tarp
« Reply #1: July 09, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
Yeah, I saw that.  They got a big cheer from the crowd when they took the field.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #2: July 09, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
if only they were at rfk when the grounds crew has their typical self induced troubles. its torturous to watch as you can clearly see them rolling the tarp out at a cockeyed angle farily consistenly. at least the two rain interrupted games i;ve been to, two years apart, have resulted in this

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #3: July 09, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
I've worked on a AAA groundcrew for about five years and nothing is worse than a thunderstorm with strong wind gusts.  I never had anything as bad as what they had yesterday in Denver, but wind is the worst.