Author Topic: All-Star Final Vote, Neshek campaign  (Read 2153 times)

natsfan1a

All-Star Final Vote, Neshek campaign
« Topic Start: July 03, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »
If you're so inclined, put in some votes for side-arm reliever and blogger Pat Neshek in the All-Star Game final vote. You can vote through 6 p.m. Thursday and votes are unlimited.

The Twins have an item on their site re. the voting campaign (first link), and Neshek talks about it on his blog (second link). He's a player who is also a baseball fan/collector. He was first called up to The Show in 2006 and has been blogging about his experiences there since (I first checked out his site after seeing an item about it in Sports Illustrated). If he gets voted in he will blog about the game behind the scenes.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070702&content_id=2062791&vkey=news_min&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

http://eteamz.active.com/patneshek/index.cfm?

Offline mikehughes

Re: All-Star Final Vote, Neshek campaign
« Reply #1: July 03, 2007, 07:26:52 PM »
I voted him

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2: July 03, 2007, 10:31:33 PM »
I will not vote for any player from the Twins or the Texans, since both of those teams used to be the Washington Senators, and both stolen from here.  The Twins were at one point going to be contracted along with the Expos, and are now building a new OUTDOOR stadium at the expense of taxpayers, so all MLB players can freeze and get injured there in April and September.

Just say "NO"
to the Twins

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: July 03, 2007, 10:35:29 PM »
I will not vote for any player from the Twins or the Texans, since both of those teams used to be the Washington Senators, and both stolen from here.  The Twins were at one point going to be contracted along with the Expos, and are now building a new OUTDOOR stadium at the expense of taxpayers, so all MLB players can freeze and get injured there in April and September.

And the Nats new stadium isn't being built at the expense of taxpayers?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #4: July 03, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »

I don't like that either, or any city taxing its people to enrich owners of sports teams.  Jack Kent Cooke built the Redskins stadium out of his own pocket.  Maryland paid for some access roads, a minimal cost.

Props to Miami for telling your former Expos owner, Jeff Loria, to shove it - they won't build him a new palace for his Marlins.  He's free to move.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #5: July 03, 2007, 10:47:20 PM »

well, yes, but we (the fans) are going to pay it back. Honest.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #6: July 03, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
well, yes, but we (the fans) are going to pay it back. Honest.

And I would guess, the more fans there are helping pay it back, the more the Lerners will be smiling. And the people over at city hall will be breathing a lot easier, especially the non-believers who seemed to be so numerous at one time.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #7: July 04, 2007, 09:53:20 AM »
The Twins stadium is insane. Too bad we got Jordan Zimmerman, who can pitch in a SNOWSTORM! Twins could have used him.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #8: July 04, 2007, 12:11:48 PM »
The Twins stadium is insane. Too bad we got Jordan Zimmerman, who can pitch in a SNOWSTORM! Twins could have used him.

Oh yea, I forgot about that, his being able to do that, almost makes him a Canuck

natsfan1a

« Reply #9: July 05, 2007, 09:25:15 AM »
He has a funky delivery and videos and a theme song and everything.  :D

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #10: July 05, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »
He has a funky delivery and videos and a theme song and everything.  :D

That's sad...

Offline saltydad

« Reply #11: July 05, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »
That's sad...

True....still....it's nice to see someone who's such a fan...

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #12: July 05, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »
and a bad actor... LOL

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #13: July 05, 2007, 10:56:50 PM »
Neshek seems like a cool guy, however, I believe Young is the most deserving, so he got my vote.  Zambrano has also really turned it around.

natsfan1a

« Reply #14: July 06, 2007, 07:03:04 AM »
Yeah, I like his love of the game (and his ERA isn't too shabby either). I think his day job was in IT when he was in the minors. That's how the blog started. Neshek is in the AL, not the NL, so his vote would not have taken away from Young or Zambrano. I guess Red Sox Nation (here and in Japan) was too much for him. At any rate, he didn't get voted in, but he probably did increase traffic to his site.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #15: July 06, 2007, 04:12:03 PM »
I'm sorry to all the Boston hating people, but Hideki Okajima REALLY deserved it. A 0.88 ERA in 41 innings pitched is pretty crazy. Not to mention only 10 walks and 37 Ks. I actually did vote for Neshek, but I think the right guy got voted in.

natsfan1a

« Reply #16: July 06, 2007, 05:02:13 PM »
I voted for Neshek, but I'm not a Boston hater (Yankees are something else again).