Author Topic: Capitals sign D Tom Poti and RW Viktor Kozlov  (Read 762 times)

Offline El Kabong

At least the Caps are active in the UFA signing period with these signings, and they are a bit of an upgrade to what they've had.  I was never under the illusion that they were going to sign some of the top-tier UFA's (Drury, Briere, Gomez) and compete with the usual suspects.

I hope the team isn't finished.  They still need to address their need at center, and I think they need another defenseman.  The only other way to address it is by trade.

Offline ronnynat

I like hockey and all, but who are Tom Poti and Viktor Kozlov? Rated 1-10, 10 being best, how are they compared to others at their positions? I'm trying to get more into hockey because, to tell you the truth, I think it's the best live sport out there. Intensity in ten cities, I say.

nospinzone1

I like hockey and all, but who are Tom Poti and Viktor Kozlov? Rated 1-10, 10 being best, how are they compared to others at their positions? I'm trying to get more into hockey because, to tell you the truth, I think it's the best live sport out there. Intensity in ten cities, I say.

SEE ARTICLE IN MONDAY'S POST .

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
At least the Caps are signing players. My Habs shot themselves in the foot by listing their targets before noon on Sunday. Now they will end up with crap.

Offline Dave B

I didnt want them to blow it all on a huge commitment to drury, et al.  These sigings are fine by me.  They need to have room under the cap to sign Ovechkin and Semin next year.  The cap has been going up over the past two years,  but I think that is going to flatten out.  I dont know where all this increasing revenue is coming from.  Perhaps more expensive tickets because ratings are down and attendance isnt increasing too much if at all.

I think another impact d-man is going to cost too much to sign.  So a trade is hopefully in the works.  I wouldnt spend more than another 4 mil this year.

I'm pretty happy I bought season tickets at the end of last year.  I go second row in the upper deck (good value, beginning of price level).  Management has fulfilled their promise. If the Caps happen to get good, who knows where the closest season tickets would be.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
The cap will eventually be raised. As much as the owners would love for it to stay where it is, the player's union will push for it to go next time they are at the negotiating table. I can see them also trying to narrow the gap between the minimums teams have to shell out and the maximum cap level.