Author Topic: Victim of FOOD POISONING from RFK. Yes it happend to me.  (Read 1935 times)

dotsandloops

Quote from: "tomterp"
Quote from: "DelNatsFan"
YIKES. When I made my trip down to RFK back in June. I wolfed down a regular hot dog and a water and soda. By the 2nd inning I had to run into the tunnel for a while because I thought I was gonna collapse.  I honestly thought  to myself "My God I'm gonna die in the bowels of RFK." 30 minutes later, after cooling off and a trip to the "Angelos", I got my bearings back and enjoyed the rest of the game.  
   I had surmised that it was just some indigestion from eating the dog so fast and then sucking down the carbonated soda combined with the 95 degree heat, but now upon seeing this post, I wonder....

It's my understanding that typical food poisoning occurs around 5 hours following consumption, not as quickly as your incident.  Maybe you just had spoiled or rancid meat, vs. food poisoning.

I remember one time eating a hot dog at Memorial Stadium in Balmer, bit into one end, and liquified dog oozed out the other end.  Thing hadn't even congealed.  I ate about half of it ( I was hungry!) before it was too gross even for my iron palate.

Food poisoning may take about five hours, but the Taco Bell effect can certainly hit that fast.