Author Topic: I COULD make the case that it has nothing to do with the Nationals...  (Read 915 times)

Offline PC

...the fact that espn.com is currently orally servicing the Tigers, primarily,  and the Indians, secondarily.

BUT I WON'T!!!

Detroit (and Cleveland) have been good for almost all of the season.  These FIVE stories about the Tigers and the poll about the Tigers and Indians could have been done at any point.  They're no better today than they were before the Nationals series.  They're no more worthy of those five stories today than they were last week.

Yet, there are the five stories and a poll, at espn.com, about the Detroit Tigers, right after a 3-0 sweep of the Washington Nationals in which they scored 32 runs.  :?

Offline sportsfan882

Tonight on Baseball Tonight, they had just finished showing the Nats VS Indians highlights when Dusty Baker (one of the analysts) said "The Nationals are better than you think."  Olney was silent throughout the highlight except for a comment on Hafner's struggles. 

natsfan1a

Thanks, Dusty.

Tonight on Baseball Tonight, they had just finished showing the Nats VS Indians highlights when Dusty Baker (one of the analysts) said "The Nationals are better than you think."  Olney was silent throughout the highlight except for a comment on Hafner's struggles. 

natsfan1a

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Count down from 130 after every win since olney said we would lose that many games. 129 and counting

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business

Really? I must've been off in la-la land b/c i didn't see Nat highlights on Baseball tonight. I probably just missed it. But ya, Buster p's me off. He's a hater.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

That's awesome.  Respect++ for Dusty  :thumbs:

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
Wow, the lowly Nats got respect. I kind of like Dusty on ESPN. I guess he hasn't been brainwashed enough yet to only want to talk Yankees / Red Sox.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Nats highlights were second on SportsCenter last night after Griffey's Seattle 'homecoming'. Also, I saw Tim Kurkjian from Baseball Tonight at the game last night but he was probably there to see the Indians right?

natsfan1a

There goes your shot at managing the Blo's, Dusty...  :D

Offline natsdad

The goal was to be at or above 40 wins before the trading deadline because we would be loosing several players.  But, my question now is which teams in the playoff race really need any of our "tradable" players badly enough to give us a good prospect? So if we keep the team intact for the balance of the season what is the season goals for wins, 75? (Which is .500 the rest of the season.)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I expected this team to win around 76 games. I know that seems like a 'lofty' goal all things considered but I'm still hoping.