Author Topic: HELP  (Read 520 times)

Offline nospinzone1

HELP
« Topic Start: June 19, 2007, 03:07:54 PM »
ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT ANTIQUES. specifically an old National electric cash register with six drawers. it belongs to my cuban barber and he would like to find out how much it might be worth. thanks.

Offline NatsAddict

Re: HELP
« Reply #1: June 19, 2007, 03:10:57 PM »
Based on this site, it looks like about $2,000

http://www.hbacgroup.com/machines%20for%20sale.htm

Offline nospinzone1

« Reply #2: June 19, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »
Based on this site, it looks like about $2,000

thanks a lot. it might be more than that because his has six drawers.

http://www.hbacgroup.com/machines%20for%20sale.htm

Offline Kenz aFan

« Reply #3: June 19, 2007, 11:16:28 PM »
You might consider sending an email to the address on the site that NatsAddict gave you. If you can, send a picture of the cash register, with the serial and model number. Ask what the value might be. They give no value for the 4 drawer model they show at the top of the page, and the prices they show on the other registers don't seem to be in the same category.

It wouldn't hurt to send an email and find, especially if you don't tell them where the cash register is right now.

Offline nospinzone1

« Reply #4: June 20, 2007, 01:19:32 AM »
You might consider sending an email to the address on the site that NatsAddict gave you. If you can, send a picture of the cash register, with the serial and model number. Ask what the value might be. They give no value for the 4 drawer model they show at the top of the page, and the prices they show on the other registers don't seem to be in the same category.

It wouldn't hurt to send an email and find, especially if you don't tell them where the cash register is right now.

thanks. I sent them an email with details and the numbrs and letters in the register. I think he might have locked into something of value. except that it needs repairing.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #5: June 20, 2007, 07:20:29 AM »
On the un-restored cash register page, there is a 4-drawer, un-restored register listed at $2,500. 

Offline nospinzone1

« Reply #6: June 20, 2007, 09:21:25 AM »
On the un-restored cash register page, there is a 4-drawer, un-restored register listed at $2,500. 

MY barber's one needs repairing. I got an email from the outfit and they could not help but they gave me a phone no. of another person and will check it out. Hope if my barber sells it that he will give me haircuts for the rest of my life.lol