Author Topic: Did Baseball Tonight show Nats-Blue Jays highlights?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline PC

I just watched the 7:00et show and I didn't see them.

Did I miss them?  :|

Really I could just cut, paste and fill in the blank "Did Baseball Tonight show Nats-_____________ highlights?" practically every night... 

Offline sportsfan882

I watched the 2nd half of the show and did not see the highlights either.. pathetic.  I'm sure if we lost there would have been extensive highlights.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
If we somehow go to the World Series this year, they will only display games we are losing, or have lost.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
I just watched the 7:00et show and I didn't see them.

Did I miss them?  :|

Really I could just cut, paste and fill in the blank "Did Baseball Tonight show Nats-_____________ highlights?" practically every night... 

I didn't see the highlights of our game but I saw the homer Frank Thomas hit and a web gem by Hill. Nothing shown of our players doing anything though. ESPN doesn't like us. They are just mad we aren't going to lose 130 games.

Offline PC

I didn't see the highlights of our game but I saw the homer Frank Thomas hit and a web gem by Hill. Nothing shown of our players doing anything though. ESPN doesn't like us. They are just mad we aren't going to lose 130 games.

I saw that but that was the "Touch 'em All" segment, not game highlights.  BTW, Zimmerman also "touched them all" and they didn't show his homerun.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
I saw that but that was the "Touch 'em All" segment, not game highlights.  BTW, Zimmerman also "touched them all" and they didn't show his homerun.

Yeah, they showed Howard's homer but not Zim's - even though Zim has has as many home runs so far as Soriano - they did show a "glimpse" of Zim in the "touch em all" promo ... but that's it - you would at least think it's note worthy that the Nats finally won in Toronto after two years ... and went 6-3 on their AL road trip ...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
LOL some of you guys are hilarious with your obsession about what ESPN talkingheads say or don't say about the Nats. I get where you're coming from but who cares about them. They don't play the games for us. BTW, I did not see highlights of the game. The only passing comment about the Nationals came after they showed Hill's webgem, they mentioned that the Nationals had actually won the game 4-2. I did noticed that they showed the play once and then repeated 3 or 4 times the first part of that play. I think that may be because Kearns was actually safe on the play  :|

Offline sportsfan882

LOL some of you guys are hilarious with your obsession about what ESPN talkingheads say or don't say about the Nats. I get where you're coming from but who cares about them. They don't play the games for us. BTW, I did not see highlights of the game. The only passing comment about the Nationals came after they showed Hill's webgem, they mentioned that the Nationals had actually won the game 4-2. I did noticed that they showed the play once and then repeated 3 or 4 times the first part of that play. I think that may be because Kearns was actually safe on the play  :|
It just bothers me that they televise a 1 hour show devoted just to baseball yet many times they don't even bother to show the highlights of certain teams (Nationals).  They don't need to break down the games like they do with every Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs game, rather just show a simple 30 second highlight.   

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Yeah i don't really expect anything postive outta BSPN anyway. They have some of the worst analysts ever, especially when it comes to the NBA. I just look at BSPN for scores. WHat they have to say nis irrelevant to em.

Offline PC

The only passing comment about the Nationals came after they showed Hill's webgem, they mentioned that the Nationals had actually won the game 4-2.

I caught that too.  I guess that was the "highlight", mentioning the game in passing.

And Kearns was safe, btw.

Offline PC

It just bothers me that they televise a 1 hour show devoted just to baseball yet many times they don't even bother to show the highlights of certain teams (Nationals).  They don't need to break down the games like they do with every Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs game, rather just show a simple 30 second highlight.   

Don't forget they found time to show highlights from Rangers-Reds game.  Those two juggernauts, you wouldn't want that game not to be covered!  :roll:

Offline sportsfan882

Don't forget they found time to show highlights from Rangers-Reds game.  Those two juggernauts, you wouldn't want that game not to be covered!  :roll:
Exactly, ESPN would rather show the highlights of the 2 worst teams in baseball than the Nationals. 

Offline spidernat

Yeah i don't really expect anything postive outta BSPN anyway. They have some of the worst analysts ever, especially when it comes to the NBA. I just look at BSPN for scores. WHat they have to say nis irrelevant to em.

You guys probably have a point and I do detest how they salivate over the Yankees/Red Sox but I'm mostly with metsuck, I mainly watch ESPN to get scores. I don't care about their commentary and I care even less about the personal stories they carry to try to get casual fans interested, plus they repeat stuff ad naseum.

natsfan1a

On the plus side, I watched TWIB the other day. It was a draft episode and they showed Zimmerman as a draft success story. They also had some brief footage of Detwiler (sp?) and Bud Lite.

Offline sportsfan882

Thank You Joe Morgan for mentioning Brandon Watson's 43 game hitting streak during the Mets/Yankees Sunday Night game. 

Offline hammondsnats

comcast sportsnet always shows nats highlights, usually like a minute or so worth.  6:30 & 10 pm, 1 am, then again in the early mornings. 

espn drives me crazy sometimes.  baseball tonight is a good show, but they have to spread out the love, instead of just talking about what roger clemens is doing in the minors or what barry bonds had for breakfast.

XM radio didn't do that much better yesterday.

All they said was the score and kept talking about Frank Thomas' homerun like it was some monumental record breaking blast.

Then in one segment of a show they played every home run highlight of the day (awful lot of homers yesterday league wide).....except Ryan Zimmerman's.  They even played Furcal's shot.  UGH!

I agree, who really gives a crap what ESPN and the analysts think but you at least want to see your team get some credit when credit is due.  Unfortunately those cocky bastards got so arrogant predicting a Nats season of epic-horrid proportions and writing so many articles about how bad they were going to be, giving any credit at this point makes them look like the true jackasses they are.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
You guys probably have a point and I do detest how they salivate over the Yankees/Red Sox but I'm mostly with metsuck, I mainly watch ESPN to get scores. I don't care about their commentary and I care even less about the personal stories they carry to try to get casual fans interested, plus they repeat stuff ad naseum.

The problem is that Baseball Tonight, while pretty much in existence to advertize the Yanks/Red Sox and support fantasy baseball, is still the biggest national advertizement and wrapup of the game on a daily basis. It would be bad enough if they only showed highlights of some of the games. But from what I could tell, last night covered every game except the Nats Jays game. That's pretty pathetic.

As a show produced to cover the daily events in baseball, it makes sense that they would edit the program to highlight key matchups, great plays, star players etc. But they should at least give nominal coverage every game that is played. MLB and ESPN are in business together, and the relationship is set up to be mutually beneficial. However small and incremental, every highlight, mention, comment etc. regarding a given team or player on that team goes to help further promote a given franchise. Each organization should be able to gain some benefit from the MLB/ESPN enterprise.

Offline Dave B

I get all my highlights from nationals.com. They have more plays up there than ESPN would ever show and you can watch them whenever and as many times as you want.

While we're griping about espn, I noticed the Nats had 30 wins and only need 3 more not to lose 130 and then I saw Busta Bus Olney had a chat today and nospinzone1-ed him
------------------------------------------------

I think you need to stop talking to that scout/source who told you that the Nationals could lose 130 games.  Well, three more wins and that outlandish prediction goes down the drain less than halfway into the season.

You might also want to stop talking to the guys that made you say "100% chance Alfonso Soriano is traded" and "Livan Hernandez wont be traded".  The latter you even said after the trade deadline.

Can we rename your blog and columns "Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing"?

And to think ESPN tries to get me to pay to read this...

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Can we rename your blog and columns "Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing"?

And to think ESPN tries to get me to pay to read this...

Nice.

Offline spidernat

The problem is that Baseball Tonight, while pretty much in existence to advertize the Yanks/Red Sox and support fantasy baseball, is still the biggest national advertizement and wrapup of the game on a daily basis. It would be bad enough if they only showed highlights of some of the games. But from what I could tell, last night covered every game except the Nats Jays game. That's pretty pathetic.

As a show produced to cover the daily events in baseball, it makes sense that they would edit the program to highlight key matchups, great plays, star players etc. But they should at least give nominal coverage every game that is played. MLB and ESPN are in business together, and the relationship is set up to be mutually beneficial. However small and incremental, every highlight, mention, comment etc. regarding a given team or player on that team goes to help further promote a given franchise. Each organization should be able to gain some benefit from the MLB/ESPN enterprise.

You're right. I feel that the extensive coverage the Yankees and Red Sox get from ESPN, also Cowboys in football (NFL Live should be called Cowboys Central), largely contributes to their huge 'fanbase'. So in essence every other franchise should be afforded, if not equal time, at least some coverage on a regular basis. But I'm not holding my breath on this so I try not to fret over it.