Author Topic: Latest update on our DL pitchers  (Read 637 times)

Latest update on our DL pitchers
« Topic Start: June 13, 2007, 12:14:41 AM »
From the Nats website:

Injury report: Right-hander John Patterson (sore biceps and elbow) threw a bullpen session Tuesday afternoon. He worked for 12 minutes and didn't have a problem.

Afterward, Patterson didn't give a timetable on when he will play in a Major League game. He's going to go on a rehab stint and will pitch for Class A Potomac on Friday.

"My mechanics feel good," Patterson said. "If I throw five curveballs, three of them would be what I call acceptable. The slider and the cutter are still giving me fits, but we are working on it."

Right-hander Shawn Hill (sore left shoulder and right elbow) will start playing catch Thursday or Friday. He was instructed not to throw until the shoulder is 100 percent.

"There still soreness in the shoulder, but it's much better. The range of motion and throwing motion is there, so I'm not worried about that," Hill said. "I have to strengthen it, but it will be fine for throwing."

joker

Re: Latest update on our DL pitchers
« Reply #1: June 13, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »
bergmann?

« Reply #2: June 13, 2007, 04:20:14 PM »

Bergmann was not mentioned in the article I cited.  This is from a previous item and presumably has not changed:  Right-hander Jason Bergmann (sore elbow) is scheduled for a three-inning, 50-pitch rehab start Friday with Triple-A Columbus.

Patterson, with the P-Nats, will be pitching in Frederick and Bergmann, with Columbus, will be pitching in Ottawa.  As I mentioned in a previous post, you can listen to these games free on the computer.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #3: June 14, 2007, 06:04:26 PM »
Whatever happened to Brandon Claussen? I think he'd definitely be in the starting 5 if he was healthy.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #4: June 14, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
Whatever happened to Brandon Claussen? I think he'd definitely be in the starting 5 if he was healthy.

I think he's expected in the rotation when he comes back, rumored to be sometime in July.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #5: June 14, 2007, 06:12:38 PM »
I think he's expected in the rotation when he comes back, rumored to be sometime in July.

That'd be sweet. He's still young, he's a lefty, and he's a former 10 game winner. Plus, he did well in Cincy, which says nothing but positive things about a pitcher.

Offline PC

« Reply #6: June 14, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »

Who?