Author Topic: OUR PET DOG BLANQUITA IS DYING  (Read 3774 times)

natsfan1a

Re: OUR PET DOG BLANQUITA IS DYING
« Reply #25: June 12, 2007, 07:56:45 AM »
They're definitely worth a read, IMO. I enjoyed both his perspective on animals and the descriptions of the Yorkshire lifestyle and countryside.

nospinzone1

« Reply #26: June 12, 2007, 08:27:49 AM »

ok so i started to read the rainbow brigde out loud to matt just now...

can i say, i totally got all choked up. how sweet and sad.

ok, im all teary eyed.

i totally know how you are feeling.

it has been proven that when a person looses a pet. they are often more upset than when a human dies.

im so going to go into the looney bin when sony dies.

again, nospin...

i feel for you and your wife!

THANKS again, Erica and Matt. It is three times harder on Maria. I try to apply logic and understanding of not wanting her to suffer any longer. But Maria keeps trying to put all the blame on herself and have all kindsof guilt feelings. Not eating and crying all day. I tell her to talk to G-d almighty and find strength with him. She even blames herself for "killing her" when in fact I am the one that imposed the decision to put her to sleep. I am so glad that I held her in my arms when the final injection came.

natsfan1a

« Reply #27: June 12, 2007, 08:40:09 AM »
There seem to be a number of pet-loss related forums, like the one below. Maybe Maria might find some comfort through one of them?

http://www.pet-loss.net/

nospinzone1

« Reply #28: June 12, 2007, 09:32:33 AM »
There seem to be a number of pet-loss related forums, like the one below. Maybe Maria might find some comfort through one of them?

http://www.pet-loss.net/

thanks. unfortunately, Maria is not fluent in English. But I will look and try to find something there to comfort her.

natsfan1a

« Reply #29: June 12, 2007, 09:34:45 AM »
Oh, sorry. I wonder if there's a similar Spanish language site? Here's a link to the Rainbow Bridge piece in Spanish (assuming that's her primary language):

http://www.petloss.com/rbspansh.htm

Offline kimnat

« Reply #30: June 12, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »
Hey Nospin.  You might want to talk to her doctor about this.  She is experiencing depression right now.  The doctor can give her something to take for the time being until the worst of this time wears off.  But she desperately needs appropriate amts. of sleep and eating.  Too much or too little are totally not good.

nospinzone1

« Reply #31: June 12, 2007, 10:10:06 AM »
Oh, sorry. I wonder if there's a similar Spanish language site? Here's a link to the Rainbow Bridge piece in Spanish (assuming that's her primary language):

http://www.petloss.com/rbspansh.htm

PRICELESS! I WILL PRINT IT AND GIVE IT TO HER. THANKS SO MUCH. THAT IS A HUGE HELP.

nospinzone1

« Reply #32: June 12, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
Hey Nospin.  You might want to talk to her doctor about this.  She is experiencing depression right now.  The doctor can give her something to take for the time being until the worst of this time wears off.  But she desperately needs appropriate amts. of sleep and eating.  Too much or too little are totally not good.

SHE GOT ANTIDEPRESSANT MED AND I AM CONSTANTLY TALKING TO HER TRYING TO GET HER TO UNDERSTAND THAT IS NOT HER FAULT. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

natsfan1a

« Reply #33: June 12, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »
That's good. I was thinking along the same lines as kimnat.

SHE GOT ANTIDEPRESSANT MED AND I AM CONSTANTLY TALKING TO HER TRYING TO GET HER TO UNDERSTAND THAT IS NOT HER FAULT. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

natsfan1a

« Reply #34: June 12, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »
You're welcome!

PRICELESS! I WILL PRINT IT AND GIVE IT TO HER. THANKS SO MUCH. THAT IS A HUGE HELP.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #35: June 12, 2007, 11:45:31 AM »
if your wife is still suffering like this middle of next week, talk to the doc again.  Some meds don't work right for some people.  Also, some need a week or so to build up in your body.  Zoloft is a wonderful one as it starts working immediately and doesn't have as much of that "build up" time.  However, prozac, etc. do.  Personally, I don't like those as much as Zoloft.  That's a great med for Andrew and me!

You're right about keeping on talking to her. A couple of visits w/ a counselor could help too if the medicine doesn't seem to help much.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #36: June 12, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »
Check out this link.  I remembered my mom having a couple James Herriot books around when I was a kid.  Never read them, but knew enough to remember that he was a vet who wrote about animals and their uniqueness in God's eyes. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Herriot

Wonderful books about a vet in Britain (Wales I think) before WW2. They were made into a BBC series called "All Creatures Great and Small" and shown here on PBS. You can still find them around ocassionally.Well worth the read!

nospinzone1

« Reply #37: June 12, 2007, 04:17:06 PM »

Wonderful books about a vet in Britain (Wales I think) before WW2. They were made into a BBC series called "All Creatures Great and Small" and shown here on PBS. You can still find them around ocassionally.Well worth the read!

thanks salty

Offline kimnat

« Reply #38: June 14, 2007, 10:12:47 PM »
Hey Nospin!  How are you and your wife doing?

natsfan1a

« Reply #39: June 14, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »
I was wondering that, too.

nospinzone1

« Reply #40: June 14, 2007, 10:44:49 PM »
Hey Nospin!  How are you and your wife doing?

My wife, like it happened before with two other ones we lost, is heartbroken, today she started to eat a little bit and got herself a little busy. She still blames herself for allowing Blanquita to be put to sleep. I am going to try to get her to go to a Spanish Catholic Mass next Sunday and maybe have a spanish speaking priest talk to her. I am hurting also but I am a little more realistic than she is. I am researching greyhounds and no matter what she decides about getting herself another small dog, I will try to adopt a greyhound. Thanks for your interest Kimsy

natsfan1a

« Reply #41: June 15, 2007, 07:48:14 AM »
Thanks for the update, nospin. Glad to hear that Maria is feeling better and hope that the Mass and priest are helpful to her. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. That's a great idea about the greyhound!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #42: June 15, 2007, 09:21:04 AM »
You're welcome.  I'm so glad to hear that she's eating again!  Do take her to see the priest.  What an excellent idea!  I know this time is painful for both of you.  My prayers will continue to be with you!

nospinzone1

« Reply #43: June 15, 2007, 10:59:27 AM »
You're welcome.  I'm so glad to hear that she's eating again!  Do take her to see the priest.  What an excellent idea!  I know this time is painful for both of you.  My prayers will continue to be with you!

GOOD NEWS! I ASKED MARIA THIS MORNING IF SHE WANTED TO GET ANOTHER POM JUST LIKE THE ONE WE LOST AND SHE SAID AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. PLUS I AM STILL GOING TO TRY TO ADOPT A GREYHOUND SO WE WILL HAVE TWO AND THE CAT. I AM THRILLED THAT SHE IS SNAPPED OUT OF IT AND IS WILLING TO GET ANOTHER ONE WHICH WILL ERASE THE BAD MEMORY. THANKS KIM AND ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #44: June 15, 2007, 11:01:47 AM »
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

natsfan1a

« Reply #45: June 15, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »
That is GREAT news!!

nospinzone1

« Reply #46: June 15, 2007, 11:29:57 AM »
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge relief for me....I was afraid she was going to get sick by not eating and crying all the time. I just got a call from the pet cemetery and her ashes are ready in her little box.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #47: June 15, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »
Oh I remember the day my mother in law buried her last dog, about 1 mo. after my father in law died.  Buried the dog in the same cemetery - pet section though.  Very sad for Dan's mom!!!!

natsfan1a

« Reply #48: June 15, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »
Will you scatter the ashes somewhere or keep them in a decorative urn (just curious)?

nospinzone1

« Reply #49: June 15, 2007, 03:47:09 PM »
Will you scatter the ashes somewhere or keep them in a decorative urn (just curious)?

Had her individually cremated just like the other two we lost before. Picked the little cute box today. Started searching for Pom adoptions and greyhounds and now somebody told me to also look into whippets that are a bit smaller than greyhounds. might stick with the greyhound although those folks are a little more strict with adoptions....