Poll

If you are opting out of your season plan, why?

Prices for tickets, parking, and concessions
7 (25.9%)
Traffic and longer games
3 (11.1%)
Reduced customer service
7 (25.9%)
Team isn't contending
6 (22.2%)
Loss of Harper or other stars
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Why are you giving up your season plan?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Why are you giving up your season plan?
« Reply #25: June 25, 2019, 02:25:16 PM »
Front line people are who get you the return customers.     I am amazed that no one regularly calls season ticket plan holders and just ask, "How's it going?"     Toss in a call every once in awhile from one of the Lerners to long time plan holders   ....   

Salesforce is too expensive? Even my wife’s ~10 person firm has crm software to make sure that someone is regularly reaching out to clients

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26: June 25, 2019, 03:09:41 PM »
Maybe they don't care? I imagine someone has reached out to the Itkin's, but maybe not to me with my two tickets in Section 204.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: June 25, 2019, 03:11:17 PM »
Maybe they don't care? I imagine someone has reached out to the Itkin's, but maybe not to me with my two tickets in Section 204.

How many years have you been a holder?     Has anyone ever called/texted/reached out to you just to see how it's goin'?     Ever get a survey by snailmail or e-mail with a follow-up?

Could be they don't care.    I suspect it may be they don't know how.    It doesn't occur to them.    They've never had to do it before.   

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #28: June 25, 2019, 03:19:04 PM »
well, I just renewed.  I get the 2018-19 prices.  I hope I get better than the 2018-19 performance out of the Nats on the field.

Because I'm willing to accommodate different levels of participation (pairs, 4s, any combo as long as you start at at least 8 tickets), I usually can fill the group with a little scrambling in January. While the group started at work (back in 1992 and OPACY!), it is at least 1/2 non-work folks.  I try to split the benefits as best as I can, and I'm even open to bringing in WNFFers who are dropping larger packages but want to keep a stake in a group.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29: June 25, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »
How many years have you been a holder?     Has anyone ever called/texted/reached out to you just to see how it's goin'?     Ever get a survey by snailmail or e-mail with a follow-up?

Could be they don't care.    I suspect it may be they don't know how.    It doesn't occur to them.    They've never had to do it before.

This is only my 3rd year. And they were pretty good the first year reaching out. I bet they have data that most of their non-renewals happen between years 1 and 2. I have gotten surveys, and to be honest, some changes seem to have been made based on them.

I am unsure what I am going to do. I enjoy going to games, I really like my seats and I really like the people that sit near me. I don't lose much on my tickets when selling on stubhub because they are in the first row and are pretty economical. Plus I like the 20% discount on concessions and at the store.

That being said, I could get nicer tickets on stubhub and go to a few less games and come out way ahead. So like I said, i am torn

I'm the exact person the Nats should be checking in on. Almost any inducement would probably get me to renew. But it's been crickets. Even when I contacted them last week about something.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #30: June 25, 2019, 03:50:14 PM »
I've been in the same group since '05 and will continue to do so even though it makes basically zero economic sense...I am unable to provide any legit rationale for this, but that's just how some decisions are made. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #31: June 25, 2019, 04:33:33 PM »

Used to be I got a call five or six times a year, usually from my rep and sometimes a cold call. This year I've left messages and can't get a call back. That's not why I'm done but it's good enough reason.

• babble on
« Reply #32: June 25, 2019, 05:03:54 PM »
Maybe customer service got outsourced to Aeroflot.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #33: June 25, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
Somebody ought to forward this thread to the Nats.    If the Nats were smart, they'd already be checking Nats' chat/blog sites.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #34: June 25, 2019, 05:36:59 PM »
Somebody ought to forward this thread to the Nats.    If the Nats were smart, they'd already be checking Nats' chat/blog sites.

That would require ~$50 a week (figuring an intern peaking four a couple of hours)- way too rich for their boood

Offline mitlen

« Reply #35: June 25, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »
That would require ~$50 a week (figuring an intern peaking four a couple of hours)- way too rich for their boood

After 40 years, I learned customer service can be easy.    It's amazing what can be accomplished in 5 minutes.      I'll do it from home for $50 a week (or a few tickets on occasion).     :)

Online Copecwby20

« Reply #36: June 25, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »
I'll probably buy into a plan partnership with a bigger plan holder/better seats next year instead of one half season plan in the 300 level. I just have to figure out where the best bang for my buck is. I wanted club seats this season but living in Elkridge, 81 games is "ambitious" to say the least.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #37: June 25, 2019, 07:26:28 PM »
Anybody know if you can hand off your seats to one of your ticket group members?

Online Copecwby20

« Reply #38: June 25, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
Anybody know if you can hand off your seats to one of your ticket group members?

You mean just "give" them to them on a game by game basis? Or turn ownership over to a partner next season?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #39: June 25, 2019, 07:35:55 PM »
You mean just "give" them to them on a game by game basis? Or turn ownership over to a partner next season?

Turn over ownership.   I'm ready to dial it back a bit.  I have options for the occasional free game and most of the reasons cited above apply to me - traffic getting worse and worse, parking cost shooting up annually, concessions, etc. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #40: June 25, 2019, 07:36:46 PM »

I know a guy who was an original season plan holder and he gave his off.    Now I don't know if he kept 'em under his name but I know another group guy now pays and is responsible for distribution.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #41: June 25, 2019, 08:28:24 PM »
I know a guy who was an original season plan holder and he gave his off.    Now I don't know if he kept 'em under his name but I know another group guy now pays and is responsible for distribution.

thank you sir.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #42: June 25, 2019, 08:33:18 PM »
thank you sir.

I can ask the guy for details if ya get stuck.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43: June 25, 2019, 08:45:43 PM »
Turn over ownership.   I'm ready to dial it back a bit.  I have options for the occasional free game and most of the reasons cited above apply to me - traffic getting worse and worse, parking cost shooting up annually, concessions, etc.

You can only do it if you get married.  :hysterical:

Online Copecwby20

« Reply #44: June 25, 2019, 09:08:05 PM »
While joining a plan with better seats means a lot to me, keeping the STH perks seems cool as well. This is my first year as a plan holder for the Nats so it may all just be a novelty to me as this is my first time back in the area and I'm just excited to be back. I will say that I got WAY more benefits as a 20 game plan holder in Atlanta than I did as a 40 game plan holder here. I probably took BP on the field in ATL 2 times and got multiple friends down there as well when the Giants were in town and my CA friends were visiting. I got free tickets to Jason Aldean and free tickets to the screening of "The Legend of Gattis" with a Meet and Greet with him. There were a lot of give aways too. And the biggest thing, my reps actually called me back.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #45: June 26, 2019, 05:50:00 AM »
we did it in my group. Original guy ran it from 92-09, then we switched to me in 2010. I forget how complex it was

• babble on
« Reply #46: June 26, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »
A lot of Caps STHs didn't renew after 2017, and I suddenly started getting calls and e-mails from my rep like every month or so.  This did not abate even after they won the Cup. 
My guess is that once the message finally registers in the bunker that there is malaise in the Nats STH base, there will be some shaking up of things. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #47: June 26, 2019, 06:29:56 PM »
I got a call! Not about the problem with my account, but about renewing before the deadline, they want me back!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #48: June 26, 2019, 06:58:59 PM »
I got a call! Not about the problem with my account, but about renewing before the deadline, they want me back!

Congrats!  Now you need to change the thread title to "Why did you renew your Season Plan"

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #49: June 26, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »

I had a message today, it's about my expiring car warranty.  Somebody cares about me!