Author Topic: June 14-23 homestand .... is this the season?  (Read 4204 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

It hurt a lot.  But we recovered fairly well.   12-5 since then.

I don't think 6-5 dooms the year.  It is too early to concern ourselves with the other NL East teams while it looks like no one is going to run away with it.  6-5 gives us a solid shot to get over .500 by the all star break.

.500 at the all star break means we went an impressive 26-14 since hitting rock bottom with the Mets sweep.   Keep that same pace up for the rest of the year and we're at 92 wins and pretty likely win the division.

I'm not buying that going 18-10 (as a result of going 6-5 this home stand) post Mets sweep makes us obvious sellers.  We don't have to worry about who we're beating or losing to until at least July.

At the end of this home stand, it’ll be a week away from July. It’s early transitions to its too late pretty quickly. I think they need to make up ground against the Phillies and braves by the end of the home stand, by beating them head to head or them having a rough stretch. 7 is already a lot to make up, putting another team in the middle makes it that much harder. If the Phillies have a strong couple of weeks and take the series against us it could be all but over, the same goes for the braves