Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 3  (Read 8811 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 3
« Reply #375: May 19, 2019, 10:36:18 PM »
None of that tells us what a “two out lead” is. Do you know how to execute a “two out lead”??? ... let’s sleep on it and you can tell us tomorrow.

Actually, wide and deep tells you what a two out lead is. That's literally how they teach it in AAU ball.

https://www.physicaleducationupdate.com/public/Baseball_Softball_Take_a_Wide_Lead_on_Second_With_Two_Out.cfm

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #376: May 19, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »
Poll: is it an jerk move to pull out the W flag at another team’s stadium.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #377: May 19, 2019, 10:42:12 PM »

Its generally an jerk move to not pullout

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #378: May 19, 2019, 10:50:34 PM »

Yes, but keep in mind these are people who can't tell you the names of more than 3 guys who played for the Cubs before 2005.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #379: May 19, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »
Yes, but keep in mind these are people who can't tell you the names of more than 3 guys who played for the Cubs before 2005.

But they're diehard fans.

Actually, Cubs fans and Nationals fans are pretty interchangeable

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #380: May 19, 2019, 11:14:17 PM »
Philly wins again as Harper is heating up. This is going to a long, unwatchable season.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #381: May 20, 2019, 01:51:03 AM »

A little more context: I communicated to a cubs fan that it was not nice to unfurl the flag in another team’s stadium. He did not agree and flapped it in my face. It escalated somewhat and my wife asked me to see what others thought.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #382: May 20, 2019, 04:20:05 AM »
A little more context: I communicated to a cubs fan that it was not nice to unfurl the flag in another team’s stadium. He did not agree and flapped it in my face. It escalated somewhat and my wife asked me to see what others thought.

You should have tried to break bad and gotten your ass kicked.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #383: May 20, 2019, 08:29:51 AM »
You are correct. It was bad form.  Keep a low profile in someone else’s house unless you are in a reserved section.  I might even root for the Cards over them. Anyway who brings a flag to a game?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #384: May 20, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »
First off, I think we're all surprised to see that someone married you.

Second, I think most of us would agree it's pretty freaking stupid to go fighting people over a silly flag.

Third, the people who go bragging about kicking people's asses are usually the ones who pick fights they can't win.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #385: May 20, 2019, 09:06:23 AM »
First off, I think we're all surprised to see that someone married you.

Second, I think most of us would agree it's pretty freaking stupid to go fighting people over a silly flag.

Third, the people who go bragging about kicking people's asses are usually the ones who pick fights they can't win.

:roll:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #386: May 20, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
I don't see why it bothers people that they pulled out a flag. They won the game, flag or no flag.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #387: May 20, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »

I'm with the bad form crowd.    Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed would determine my response,    I might have taken the flag and thrown it or I might have ignored the dumbass.       I was baited heading to my seat on Friday by a young Cubbie drunk with his date.    I blew 'em off and the lady recognized it for what it was.