Author Topic: Ring of Honor  (Read 114 times)

Offline Senatorswin

Ring of Honor
« Topic Start: May 13, 2019, 09:06:25 PM »
There was talk about the Ring of Honor in another thread but I couldn't find it. As far as I can tell the former mayor of DC Anthony Williams is not in the ring of honor. I doubt MLB would have gone up against Angelo's objections if Anthony Williams hadn't said DC would fund a stadium 100 percent. They may of gone to Loudon County but not DC. In my opinion we wouldn't have gotten a team in DC if not for Williams so if anybody should be honored in the ring it's him.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Ring of Honor
« Reply #1: May 13, 2019, 09:25:48 PM »
http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=37183.0;msg=2024594

I think Anthony Williams should be honored in stadium as well.    He was a leading actor in bringing baseball back to DC.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: May 14, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »
As a general rule, it is OK to just start a new thread if the related thread has not been commented on for a long time.  There's a 120 day warning that pops up when you try to bump a topic that's been dead.   It's also ok to bump if it is for irony / humor or something good said in it.  We don't police this closely.  We get more concerned about a new thread if there's a similar thread in the first 3 pages of the section.

Carry on.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #3: May 14, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
As a general rule, it is OK to just start a new thread if the related thread has not been commented on for a long time.  There's a 120 day warning that pops up when you try to bump a topic that's been dead.   It's also ok to bump if it is for irony / humor or something good said in it.  We don't police this closely.  We get more concerned about a new thread if there's a similar thread in the first 3 pages of the section.

Carry on.    I'll be in the area all day.

FITY