Author Topic: Trout agrees to 12 year $430 million deal with Angels  (Read 1682 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

It's entertaining to read the Phillies fan forum board. They had a thread where everybody was thinking it was a done deal Trout would be going to philly. Then in the same thread news of the new Trout deal.
Now they can sign Rendon.  ;)

Offline tenken627

They've probably started torching cars on Broad Street  :P

Honestly, its Bryce's fault... If he didn't open his big mouth, the Angels wouldn't feel so threatened...

Offline Natsinpwc

It's entertaining to read the Phillies fan forum board. They had a thread where everybody was thinking it was a done deal Trout would be going to philly. Then in the same thread news of the new Trout deal.
Not sure what board you read. I don’t see many comments that way on this one. Some good take downs on those who think Trout was dumb.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/3/19/18272651/mike-trout-makes-curious-decision-to-stay-in-los-angeles

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Lol Phillies

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Not sure what board you read. I don’t see many comments that way on this one. Some good take downs on those who think Trout was dumb.

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2019/3/19/18272651/mike-trout-makes-curious-decision-to-stay-in-los-angeles

Trout may already be the most popular baseball player in Philadelphia. Why put that at risk by actually playing for the Phillies?

:hysterical:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Now that's great writing.

Trout may already be the most popular baseball player in Philadelphia. Why put that at risk by actually playing for the Phillies?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
People from S. Joisey resent the hell out of escapees. 
Some good take downs on those who think Trout was dumb.

Offline Natsinpwc

Wish I had said that.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Good for Trout, he's better than Bryce and deserved to get that first 400 mil contract.  He has chosen twice now to forego a bidding war and stick with the team that wanted him from the get-go, mad respect for him. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Trout signs huge deal per Jeff Passan.

I think he got too little.

Discuss

This isn't even official yet. Carry on. :popcorn:

Offline UMDNats

Everything about Mike Trout is awesome.

Offline Senatorswin

The link you put on here was an article. I was reading a Philly fan forum. Not long before word of the deal broke there were posts such as the Angels won't be able to trade Trout because everybody knows he's signing with Philly when he becomes a free agent.

Offline Natsinpwc

The link you put on here was an article. I was reading a Philly fan forum. Not long before word of the deal broke there were posts such as the Angels won't be able to trade Trout because everybody knows he's signing with Philly when he becomes a free agent.
Ok. The link was an article. On a Phillies fan forum.  Which fan forum?  There’s always a few idiots on any fan forum. Other than this one of course.

Offline Senatorswin

Ok. The link was an article. On a Phillies fan forum.  Which fan forum?  There’s always a few idiots on any fan forum. Other than this one of course.

Here is the link. "The thread is called Trout To The Phillies"

Offline Natsinpwc

Here is the link. "The thread is called Trout To The Phillies"
Uh OK.

No doubt many fans there thought he would come back home. But many also thought it would never happen.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Good for Trout, he's better than Bryce and deserved to get that first 400 mil contract.  He has chosen twice now to forego a bidding war and stick with the team that wanted him from the get-go, mad respect for him. 

Agreed, and well said. Love this for both sides and hope it works out for the Angels.

Offline HalfSmokes

Uh OK.

No doubt many fans there thought he would come back home. But many also thought it would never happen.

How many people from Jersey who move away (especially to California) are eager to come home?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Oh Skippy - you're such a Glinda (Good witch of the north from Oz).  Why can't you see that Trout would have signed with the Phillies if they had not signed Bryce ?  That Trout wasn't going to lower himself to the ego world that Bryce lives in ?

Offline Senatorswin

Uh OK.

Yeah, a couple of them predicted he would sign with the Angels and were close on the money.

Offline nats2playoffs

With Trout getting almost $36 million per year, it will make it much harder for the Angels to surround him with good players.
 :$$$:
My only wish is the Harper would have gotten $420 million over 12 years, to similarly financially impair the Phillies.
 :money:
The Angels should let Rainbow-Trout purchase part ownership of the team, or make a deal whereby he invests in certain other players' salaries, with bonuses going to Trout for those players' playoff-creating results.

Offline nfotiu

Angels get a ridiculous $150 million per year for the 60,000 people who watch their games ($2500 per viewer, lol).   I'm sure they have money to spend if they want to.