Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43879 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
He's up to .250 and that is probably more or less where he's gonna stay.  If you look at his career numbers from the Nats, 2015 was a serious outlier. 
Except for 2017 ....

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
He looks like he's very hard on his wheels.

Is it me or does it look like Bryce isn't aging well?

Offline UMDNats

I'd bet he is miserable right now. I mean, he makes $30 million a year playing baseball, so it's not that bad no matter what, but I really wonder how much he thinks about this past winter.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Phil Wood was piling-on Royce on whatever this MASN show is.

Nice to see...  :D

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
2nd guessing is a typical state to go through for anyone in their 20's, regardless of profession

I'd bet he is miserable right now. I mean, he makes $30 million a year playing baseball, so it's not that bad no matter what, but I really wonder how much he thinks about this past winter.

Offline Natsinpwc

:hysterical:

Yea. He wishes he had stayed for an even worse team and deferred money. His only regret is the Yankees did not bid. In a couple of years he will force a trade there. No worries.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
fwiw, he's not terrible over his last 30 games:

.282   .388   .509 with 6 home runs.

Offline UMDNats

:hysterical:

Yea. He wishes he had stayed for an even worse team and deferred money. His only regret is the Yankees did not bid. In a couple of years he will force a trade there. No worries.

I didn't say he wishes he signed with the Nats, I said he probably thinks about this past winter a lot. The Yankees did a hard pass on him, and basically only one team in all of baseball even wanted him, and even they were lukewarm until their other option fell through. The team that he (apparently) wanted to re-sign with went back and forth on re-signing him, and is apparently doing just fine without him (we'll see where we end up) and the fans that he thought loved him are pretty much cool with him gone.

The last 12-18 months have probably been pretty weird for him.

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
I didn't say he wishes he signed with the Nats, I said he probably thinks about this past winter a lot. The Yankees did a hard pass on him, and basically only one team in all of baseball even wanted him, and even they were lukewarm until their other option fell through. The team that he (apparently) wanted to re-sign with went back and forth on re-signing him, and is apparently doing just fine without him (we'll see where we end up) and the fans that he thought loved him are pretty much cool with him gone.

The last 12-18 months have probably been pretty weird for him.

And add to that he wassn't voted to the all star game, which means he isn't as popular (or as good) as he thinks. 

Offline UMDNats

And add to that he wassn't voted to the all star game, which means he isn't as popular (or as good) as he thinks. 

That too. He's gone from the face of DC baseball to just another solid OF for the Phillies, and not even the best hitter on the team.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Harold Reynolds said today that Royce and Manny should be All-Stars.  The other hosts mentioned that maybe they need to earn that distinction.  Harold went into a small sample size defense...  :smh:

Royce is on a 195 SO pace.  I'm rootin' for him...to top 200...

Offline rileyn

He will be added to the all star team if there is an injury (likely).  MLB needs him there as they have banners of him all over Cleveland promoting the event.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Watching Braves-Phillies. Bryce already has 5 stolen bases. Did he ever run that much for us?

Offline Truconfidence

Watching Braves-Phillies. Bryce already has 5 stolen bases. Did he ever run that much for us?
he had 21 one year.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
he had 21 one year.

Recently? In the last couple of years I don’t think he was a threat to run at all.

Offline Terps and Nats

well he stole a bunch of money from the Phiilies, figured he'd try his hand at bases.

Offline Terps and Nats

Recently? In the last couple of years I don’t think he was a threat to run at all.

Boras told him to tap the breaks some...didnt want a serious injury so close to free agency.

Offline Slateman

well he stole a bunch of money from the Phiilies, figured he'd try his hand at bases.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=Bryce+Harper+fangraphs

Offline Natsinpwc

Slash line with RISP:
.375/.475/.656

With men on base:
.344/.435/.636

Dude is clutch: Of course Kaplet is a genius so he saw this and batted him lead off.  Worked out.  He's almost as smart as davey.

Offline Five Banners

Slash line with RISP:
.375/.475/.656

With men on base:
.344/.435/.636

Dude is clutch: Of course Kaplet is a genius so he saw this and batted him lead off.  Worked out.  He's almost as smart as davey.

Funny how the stories have dried up about attitude, maturity, being a disruptive clubhouse force. Has he even had any run-ins with umps this year?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Funny how the stories have dried up about attitude, maturity, being a disruptive clubhouse force. Has he even had any run-ins with umps this year?
Not since April 23

Offline Slateman

So what does that mean?

Offline ajcartwright

erstwhile National Bryce Harper with a walk off grand slam against the cubs

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
erstwhile National Bryce Harper with a walk off grand slam against the cubs

He ran those bases in a nano-second, the boy was pumped lol