Author Topic: Fans in England roll call - Nats may get 2020 London series  (Read 1647 times)

Offline wj73

Hmmmm, seems Harrods is more like every husband’s response.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Hmmmm, seems Harrods is more like every husband’s response.

:crackup:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
This is awesome  :clap:

Offline blue911

I once saw a picture of Kate Middleton's boob

Offline Nick the Pig

BOOOO !

Baseball will never catch on over there.

They still play cricket.  Have you ever watched cricket ?

Offline miller10

Hard to believe that's it's cheaper to by a plane ticket to London than 2 decent seats for baseball games in London.  If I am going to London, it would be to watch soccer (though not during the Summer).  If I want to watch baseball, I can do that here.

Offline DPMOmaha

If I were still single I would absolutely go to this, for the sheer novelty of seeing the Nationals play in London and to see what is likely a very kooky stadium setup. Alas, going to London to see a baseball team that plays its home games less than a half hour away is exactly the kind of thing my wife would consider silly.
My soon to be wife would be all about this.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

As is my long-term wife.

• babble on
The £ is going to go the way of the Bolivar in a few weeks, those tickets may not be that much after all

• babble on
Congrats!

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
The £ is going to go the way of the Bolivar in a few weeks, those tickets may not be that much after all

When I went to England/Wales in '85, the exchange rate was $1.09 U. S. =  £ 1.     What a deal.     Still have my cashmere overcoat from Selfridge's.     :)

OT   Got my taxes done.    Told the preparer I'm movin' out of the country.    Told her I'm goin' to Belize  ...   mentioned Papua, New Guinea, Scotland, etc. as well.    The missus said, "Venezuela".     :smh:

Offline Count Walewski

Hard to believe that's it's cheaper to by a plane ticket to London than 2 decent seats for baseball games in London.  If I am going to London, it would be to watch soccer (though not during the Summer).  If I want to watch baseball, I can do that here.

The counterpoint is that if you want to watch soccer in London, you can do that at any point in the rest of your life. If you want to watch Nationals baseball in London, it's pretty much 2020 or bust.

• babble on
Apparently garments made in Britain during that era lasted longer than the cars  :spaz:
Still have my cashmere overcoat from Selfridge's.     :)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Apparently garments made in Britain during that era lasted longer than the cars  :spaz:

:spit:   

Offline Nick the Pig

Congrats.  And my sympathies. :D

Offline Nick the Pig

The UK did fine for centuries before the EU, and they will be just fine after Brexit.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

I'll be getting an early read on that - Brexit is 29th March, and I'm flying to Rome via London on 2nd April.

Anyway, the Olympic Stadium is easily reached by Underground from central London - Stratford station via either the Central or Jubilee lines.

• babble on
The fat UKIP guys with neck tats who voted for Brexit are going to be pissed when the pubs shut and the dole cheques aren't delivered because there are no Romanians to do the work  :P   
The UK did fine for centuries before the EU, and they will be just fine after Brexit.

Offline Nick the Pig

The fat UKIP guys with neck tats who voted for Brexit are going to be pissed when the pubs shut and the dole cheques aren't delivered because there are no Romanians to do the work  :P   

The UK will still have plenty of minorities (non-british) to do the menial tasks around !

Get 'em off the dole and to work ! :P

Offline HalfSmokes

Fortunately they’re will be tons of auto workers form the midlands desperate for work

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
MLB is apparently deciding between Cardinals-Cubs and Mets-Nats for a series in London in 2020.

https://districtondeck.com/2019/02/09/washington-nationals-consideration-2020-london-series/

It's the Cards vs Cubs. Thanks Davey.

Offline Copecwby20

Why do people want to go to London to watch baseball?  This is a bad idea by MLB.  Send the Rays and A's over there to play.  If you guys want to go visit London, go visit London.  It's a great city - I've been there 3 times.  However, the Nats against the Mets should either be played in Washington DC or New York.

You must live an insufferably boring life full of the same crap over and over.

I would be stoked to go see any game over there. What a weird experience. Like that one legged goth midget. Different, and not at all what I’m used to. Still fun though.

• babble on
Nigel Farage?
Like that one legged goth midget.