Author Topic: Fans in England roll call - Nats may get 2020 London series  (Read 1654 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
MLB is apparently deciding between Cardinals-Cubs and Mets-Nats for a series in London in 2020.

https://districtondeck.com/2019/02/09/washington-nationals-consideration-2020-london-series/

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
BOOOOOOOOOO

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
tweaked the title.  I'm curious who we have across the pond.  Other than Old Chelsea ;)

[Manley, Awbb, and English Natsie, off the top of my head]

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
I really want to go.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
If It’s the Nats, I’m absolutely going...

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Yep. We'll be there. We've been watching PBS so we'll understand the language that they speak.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Wasn't someone saying that the tickets for the Sawx/Yanks game were all sold to large quantity buyers that then put them on the secondary market at wildly inflated prices?

Offline Natsinpwc

Wasn't someone saying that the tickets for the Sawx/Yanks game were all sold to large quantity buyers that then put them on the secondary market at wildly inflated prices?
It will be cheaper the second year. But still expensive. I looked into prices last fall for watching a football game over there and it’s just too pricey.

Offline LoveAngelos

I would think Cards-Cubs would be more attractive match up. I also think the British will never take to baseball

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
It will be cheaper the second year. But still expensive. I looked into prices last fall for watching a football game over there and it’s just too pricey.

If it's the Nats, we might try to get tickets...we likely won't go to the Bears / Raiders game this year...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I would think Cards-Cubs would be more attractive match up. I also think the British will never take to baseball

Agree on both counts...

Offline rileyn

Why do people want to go to London to watch baseball?  This is a bad idea by MLB.  Send the Rays and A's over there to play.  If you guys want to go visit London, go visit London.  It's a great city - I've been there 3 times.  However, the Nats against the Mets should either be played in Washington DC or New York. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Why do people want to go to London to watch baseball?  This is a bad idea by MLB.  Send the Rays and A's over there to play.  If you guys want to go visit London, go visit London.  It's a great city - I've been there 3 times.  However, the Nats against the Mets should either be played in Washington DC or New York.

Because you say so? Why do people go anywhere to do anything? To experience something that is different than what you can do at home. So what if 3 of the 19 Mets-Nats are in England vs here? Some people will nag about literally anything.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Because I can watch something once-in-a-lifetime and see a great city.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Why do people want to go to London to watch baseball?

Better beer...

Offline rileyn

Meh.  It's a baseball game.  1 of 162.  At least when MLB went to Japan, people like baseball over there. NFL in London is silly too, but at least people are curious about American football.

Offline Count Walewski

If I were still single I would absolutely go to this, for the sheer novelty of seeing the Nationals play in London and to see what is likely a very kooky stadium setup. Alas, going to London to see a baseball team that plays its home games less than a half hour away is exactly the kind of thing my wife would consider silly.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If I were still single I would absolutely go to this, for the sheer novelty of seeing the Nationals play in London and to see what is likely a very kooky stadium setup. Alas, going to London to see a baseball team that plays its home games less than a half hour away is exactly the kind of thing my wife would consider silly.

This was my wife's response:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
This was my wife's response:

(Image removed from quote.)

That's every wife's response...

Offline wj73

That's every wife's response...

Harrods, Schmarrods. Overpriced stuff that you just have to lug home. OTOH, attending a Nats game in London sounds like delightfully incongruous fun.

I wonder if they’ll publish a cricket-to-baseball translation dictionary.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Harrods, Schmarrods. Overpriced stuff that you just have to lug home. OTOH, attending a Nats game in London sounds like delightfully incongruous fun.

I wonder if they’ll publish a cricket-to-baseball translation dictionary.

Even I like Harrod's...nothing wrong with looking...and their pastries are pretty extraordinary...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
My "Harrod's" story...

Bought some things for our girls and found one missing when we got back to the hotel.  Called Harrod's and they found it at the cashier's station.

Long story short...got a call from the front desk a while later saying that Harrod's was there with our delivery.

Felt like I should have put on a smoking jacket when I went down to get it...  :D

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I bought some underwear and shirts at Harrod’s when I went there. Easily the most comfortable and best made I’ve ever owned.