Author Topic: Major Rule Changes being considered  (Read 10063 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Major Rule Changes being considered
« Reply #125: February 08, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »
I'm 75. Went to my first game in the 1951 season. I like all the proposed new rules except the extra innings change. On the DH, the Players Union is gonna get it in the NL. Just a question of when, so might as well be now.

Basically, I'm for anything that would speed things up and, most importantly, reduce Ks and get the ball in play. I don't wanna watch a parade of strikeouts.

Also hate how the starting pitcher has lost relevancy. Relievers, no matter how good, just aren't "marketable." No one goes to a game hoping to see Kimbrel, or Chapman, or whomever. Need more starters pitching late in games. If they can't, they are not worth the money they are getting.

Serious question.    Wondering if we're on a similar thought pattern.     When did you move to the opinion that games are too long/slow?     Though I don't think the games are normally too long, a lot of the BS outside the game has made them "longer", i.e.   TV (between inning stuff/pitching changes, etc. commercials), some game day experience novelties, etc.     Do you think the mound should be lowered/raised?     I'm not sure if it's a parade of strikeouts or simply a diluted pool of players who can't hit.

Thanks