Author Topic: Sound?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline saltydad

Sound?
« Topic Start: May 29, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Is the addition of sound (as we have animated  smilies, etc. a possibility?

Also- what about allowing a simple press of the enter key when you are ready to post, rather than having to hit the Post button? But then how to move down a few lines, never mind......

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: Sound?
« Reply #1: May 29, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »
If you used the Enter key to send your post, that means that users would have to find another method to force a linefeed when they wanted to divide their posts into paragraphs or lists.

I'm not sure having sounds would be a good idea, and having them could quickly become very annoying.

Example: When you open a thread, if more than one post has sounds attached, you could end up with too many sounds coming at you at once, which would defeat their intended effect.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #2: June 06, 2007, 06:36:57 PM »
If you used the Enter key to send your post, that means that users would have to find another method to force a linefeed when they wanted to divide their posts into paragraphs or lists.

I'm not sure having sounds would be a good idea, and having them could quickly become very annoying.

Example: When you open a thread, if more than one post has sounds attached, you could end up with too many sounds coming at you at once, which would defeat their intended effect.

I was thinking more of having the option of clicking on a pic or avatar and then having sound, like Vaughn and Wild Thing. That would obviate the multip[le sounds overwhelming the user.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #3: June 06, 2007, 06:51:37 PM »
If you want to post with the enter key, just hit the Tab key until the post button is highlighted, then hit space or enter.  For using quick reply, it would just be TAB, ENTER

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #4: June 06, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »
Actually it's just TAB, ENTER for the full reply, too.  Or TAB, SPACE, which I personally prefer b/c you can do it with the same hand without having to move it much.