Author Topic: Nats Park new backpack policy  (Read 4322 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Nats Park new backpack policy
« Topic Start: February 01, 2019, 05:45:45 PM »
CalsGR8 warns that the Nationals have a new backpack policy at the ballpark. She found this:

https://curlyw.mlblogs.com/washington-nationals-announce-new-backpack-policy-b520449473c1?fbclid=IwAR1QPsFLPBThQytZhsnrRKtnYTr4LUTwsru8SoXApX0jDdS4zPec4wVqvY8

No backpacks. Various sorts of bags are OK, but...

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nats Park new backpack policy
« Reply #1: February 01, 2019, 05:56:42 PM »
PB69 posted this info here:

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #1300: Today at 03:55:09 PM »

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=32248.1300;msg=2030493

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2: February 01, 2019, 06:01:10 PM »
WNFF is unique among the four other sites I visit in not melting down over this. Limiting people to bags that fit under the seat seems to not be unreasonable.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3: February 01, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »
People are apoplectic on Twitter. I love this. The lines are so long because people bring in huge backpacks that need to be searched.
For some of the folks in the SPH holder line, I looked around to see if the person had a Sherpa they had so much stuff.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #4: February 01, 2019, 06:14:42 PM »
People are apoplectic on Twitter. I love this. The lines are so long because people bring in huge backpacks that need to be searched.
For some of the folks in the SPH holder line, I looked around to see if the person had a Sherpa they had so much stuff.

:spit:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #5: February 01, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »
Lots of complaints from folks who work in dc and who bring their laptop backpacks to games after work. Maybe an opportunity for a bag check service?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #6: February 01, 2019, 07:05:34 PM »
Lots of complaints from folks who work in dc and who bring their laptop backpacks to games after work. Maybe an opportunity for a bag check service?

messenger bag? I’m guessing if it’s smaller than a diaper bag, they’ll allow it. Or just call it a purse, the park is in DC, so if you want to use women’s accessories, it’s your right, and if they discriminate, it’s their liquor license

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #7: February 01, 2019, 07:09:16 PM »
WNFF is unique among the four other sites I visit in not melting down over this. Limiting people to bags that fit under the seat seems to not be unreasonable.

They're slowly putting the squeeze on those of us who bring our own food into the park.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: February 01, 2019, 07:09:26 PM »
messenger bag? I’m guessing if it’s smaller than a diaper bag, they’ll allow it. Or just call it a purse, the park is in DC, so if you want to use women’s accessories, it’s your right, and if they discriminate, it’s their liquor license

I carry a messenger bag to every game. I’m under the impression that it will be allowed.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #9: February 01, 2019, 07:19:29 PM »
They're slowly putting the squeeze on those of us who bring our own food into the park.

The most surprising thing is it’s taken them this long

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #10: February 01, 2019, 07:20:11 PM »
I carry a messenger bag to every game. I’m under the impression that it will be allowed.

If a messenger bag is fine, that covers people bringing computers from work; who’s upset?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #11: February 01, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »

I usually carry a small, lightweight backpack with sometimes rain gear, water, peanuts, and room for a couple of bobbles.  Do I now have to carry a purse?   :turrible:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #12: February 01, 2019, 07:40:39 PM »

I don't even know what a "messenger" bag is.

So I can have this tiny backpack, and it's not permissible because it has these thin shoulder straps, but I can carry some much larger whatever?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #13: February 01, 2019, 07:46:57 PM »
I usually carry a small, lightweight backpack with sometimes rain gear, water, peanuts, and room for a couple of bobbles.  Do I now have to carry a purse?   :turrible:

My rain gear quandary was solved by  ....  ponchos.     I can carry a nice poncho in the string bag Gburg wrote about or purchase a 97¢ "emergency" poncho at Walmart.      I put the emergency poncho in my back pocket and then toss it out when I'm done.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14: February 01, 2019, 07:53:37 PM »
I don't even know what a "messenger" bag is.

So I can have this tiny backpack, and it's not permissible because it has these thin shoulder straps, but I can carry some much larger whatever?

Seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_bag

And yes, as long as it’s smaller than 16x18x8

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #15: February 01, 2019, 07:58:05 PM »
Seriously?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messenger_bag

And yes, as long as it’s smaller than 16x18x8

Well my backpack is that small for sure, but do the two shoulder straps make it illegal? 

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #16: February 01, 2019, 08:08:53 PM »
Do I have to carry something to get in? Or just to be fashionable?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #17: February 01, 2019, 08:16:02 PM »
Do I have to carry something to get in? Or just to be fashionable?

:lol:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #18: February 01, 2019, 08:40:05 PM »

Nope, coolers are fine, just need to fit under the seat. They are cracking down on the small number of fans that bring unnecessarily large bags. As long as you aren't packed for overnight you're good.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #19: February 01, 2019, 08:41:38 PM »

Without seeing the bag in question I'd have to say that my impression is that you are already carrying a purse.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #20: February 01, 2019, 09:36:48 PM »
One of the guys in my group is outraged by this but as long as I can get my cycling helmet in in a book bag I am good.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #21: February 01, 2019, 09:39:28 PM »
One of the guys in my group is outraged by this but as long as I can get my cycling helmet in in a book bag I am good.

You should be able to stuff one of these in your back pocket...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #22: February 01, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »
You should be able to stuff one of these in your back pocket...

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste I thought it was a picture of Thomas Jefferson.

OT   I used to have an inflatable Steelers' helmet.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #23: February 01, 2019, 09:46:55 PM »

That’s the one group I could see it hitting - if you have a pack with a change of clothes, laptop and a helmet strapped to the outside

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24: February 01, 2019, 09:56:57 PM »
That’s the one group I could see it hitting - if you have a pack with a change of clothes, laptop and a helmet strapped to the outside

Can’t you valet your helmet with your bike?