Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52695 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #125: March 15, 2019, 07:31:15 PM »
Got my Package today. Not super impressive.

I got another email that a “gift” is on the way later. I’m not holding my breath.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #126: March 15, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »
Man, are those cards large and garish. I liked the old ones you could put in your wallet like a credit card. No way in hell I wear those around my neck. #geekalert

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #127: March 16, 2019, 01:46:08 AM »
Wow, this is the first time that I've tried to set up Partners on the Access/MyNatsTickets/MLb.com sites and the process is HORRIBLE!  How is it 2019 and the integration is this bad? 

I think we're fairly close, but when my partner tries to log into the Nats Access site they get the message "Not connected" under the Status column.  I can't figure out how to get past this.  When I log into my Access account I see this partner listed on my partners page as "Current Partner".  The partner has no problem logging into their "My Nats Tickets" account and I have even transferred tickets to them that show up there.  They also have an MLB account that shows up under their "Link MLB Accounts" tab.  I have also added this partner as a "Friend" on my "My Nats Tickets" account.  What am I missing?  Why can't this partner log into their Nats Access account?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #128: March 16, 2019, 02:45:45 AM »
IIRC, there is a screen with a pair of boxes where they have to actually accept the partnership.

I hope that's not a mindfact...

Offline Well Wisher

« Reply #129: March 16, 2019, 06:45:34 AM »
Can someone post the text if the email that a “Friend” received when you forward tickets to them and also one when a “Partner” is forwarded tickets?  Are they the same?  Thanks!

Offline Upper Level Dad

« Reply #130: March 17, 2019, 06:04:27 PM »
The ticket exchange is up and running. It is very limited. You are restricted to one game for one game swaps, so there is no concept of a bank where you can build up tickets from several games to trade for more expensive seats without paying the difference.

It also looks like I’m not getting my full value when I try to trade tickets (48 or 50 value for 58 in tickets) variable value for the games that I am trying to obtain.

It almost seems like I’m getting variably screwed on both ends of the exchange. 

Did anyone else have this problem?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #131: March 17, 2019, 06:16:11 PM »
I could not work the site at all.  I log in, get sent to a page that has some basic account info and a notation saying "not connected."  I'm away and not going to bother with this thing until I get back.  Really an annoyance.  There's an exhibition game on Monday, and I think my group member deserves his tickets far enough in advance in case of mess up.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #132: March 17, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »
It also looks like I’m not getting my full value when I try to trade tickets (48 or 50 value for 58 in tickets) variable value for the games that I am trying to obtain.

If you are trading tickets 1-1 at the same price you are fine. But if you exchange a non-premium game for a premium game the SPH pays the difference (Nats win), if you swap a premium game for a non-premium game the team keeps the difference (SPH loses). Quite a system they dreamed up.

At the SPH presentation they said that the Nats have the most customer service staff in pro sports, claiming that allows them to have the highest level of responsiveness to plan holders. But all those staff members are justifying their jobs by coming up with new ways to squeeze a few extra bucks out of the customers.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #133: March 17, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »

Yep. If I paid $50 for a ticket I should be getting $50 in value, not $43. Complete crap.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #134: March 17, 2019, 07:22:35 PM »
I could not work the site at all.  I log in, get sent to a page that has some basic account info and a notation saying "not connected." 

I get this too on a partner account that I tried to set up.  I have had ZERO luck setting up partner accounts.  Apparently my 30 years of experience as an IT professional and 13 years as a season ticket holder have not adequately prepared me to solve this riddle! 

I have tried setting up three different partner accounts.  All three received the invite emails and were able to register using the partner code and secret code in the invitation e-mail.  Each was also able to set up an MLB account and a "My Nationals Tickets" account (and link the two), but NONE of them can log into the Access/Rewards site (rewards.nationals.com).  For two of them, they try to log into the Access site with their MLB login and the site just blinks and returns to the login page without any kind of error.  On the third account it seems to get partially logged in.  Like JCA saw, it just shows a page with their Name, e-mail address, Nats account number and a Status that says "Not Connected"

All three show up under my Access account as "Current Partners" so I don't understand why they can't log into the Access/Rewards site.  Any ideas?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #135: March 17, 2019, 07:51:23 PM »
I get this too on a partner account that I tried to set up.  I have had ZERO luck setting up partner accounts.  Apparently my 30 years of experience as an IT professional and 13 years as a season ticket holder have not adequately prepared me to solve this riddle! 

I have tried setting up three different partner accounts.  All three received the invite emails and were able to register using the partner code and secret code in the invitation e-mail.  Each was also able to set up an MLB account and a "My Nationals Tickets" account (and link the two), but NONE of them can log into the Access/Rewards site (rewards.access.com).  For two of them, they try to log into the Access site with their MLB login and the site just blinks and returns to the login page without any kind of error.  On the third account it seems to get partially logged in.  Like JCA saw, it just shows a page with their Name, e-mail address, Nats account number and a Status that says "Not Connected"

All three show up under my Access account as "Current Partners" so I don't understand why they can't log into the Access/Rewards site.  Any ideas?

Try this page instead:  https://rewards.nationals.com/login

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136: March 17, 2019, 08:20:54 PM »
I have my session on Tuesday. Anything anyone want me to ask?

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #137: March 17, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
Try this page instead:  https://rewards.nationals.com/login

Sorry, that was a typo on my part.  I've been using https://rewards.nationals.com/login all along and no luck.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #138: March 18, 2019, 01:30:01 AM »

Yeah, ask when I’m gonna get my freaking invite.

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #139: March 18, 2019, 09:14:29 AM »
I've got a partner setup but under the Name in the top right corner it says '18singlebuyer' not something like 'Full Season - Partner'. I have no idea if it's setup properly for receiving discounts or any partner benefits.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #140: March 18, 2019, 09:19:57 AM »
I wouldn't go googling that to find out.  You'd get unexpected results.

I've got a partner setup but under the Name in the top right corner it says '18singlebuyer' not something like 'Full Season - Partner'. I have no idea if it's setup properly for receiving discounts or any partner benefits.

Offline Upper Level Dad

« Reply #141: March 18, 2019, 11:36:55 AM »

Can you verify how opting out of the Nat for life program works? And what the date window is?

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #142: March 18, 2019, 01:01:12 PM »
From the Nat for Life agreement (which everybody signed):

Each August you will be sent an invoice and be notified of the upcoming Season’s renewal rates. For each Season after the 2019 Season, automatic renewals may be at a higher rate, which will be disclosed to you in advance. For each Season after the 2019 Season, you may cancel this Agreement by providing written notice, which may be in the form of an email, to the Nationals within thirty (30) days of receipt of invoice and the upcoming Season’s renewal rates. Such notice must be sent to stcomments@nationals.com or to the individual account representative assigned to you at the time notice is received. If the Nationals receive your notice to cancel this Agreement after September 1st but before the deadline to cancel, you may elect to receive a refund of the September 1st payment or you can have that payment apply to a different payment plan. The Nationals may cancel this Agreement at any time in its sole discretion. If you change your email address or credit card information, you must notify your individual account representative or email stcomments@nationals.com.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #143: March 18, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »
From the Nat for Life agreement (which everybody signed):

Nice timing on that. I'm planning on canceling but will be tempted to renew if we're playoff bound. They are requiring us to decide before the playoff status is known.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #144: March 18, 2019, 06:28:41 PM »

I have tried setting up three different partner accounts.  All three received the invite emails and were able to register using the partner code and secret code in the invitation e-mail.  Each was also able to set up an MLB account and a "My Nationals Tickets" account (and link the two), but NONE of them can log into the Access/Rewards site (rewards.nationals.com).  For two of them, they try to log into the Access site with their MLB login and the site just blinks and returns to the login page without any kind of error.  On the third account it seems to get partially logged in.  Like JCA saw, it just shows a page with their Name, e-mail address, Nats account number and a Status that says "Not Connected"

My partners are having similar trouble.  All show up on my page as being successfully added, but none of them is able to actually log in and see anything.  They were all partners last year, and had no issues.  Seems like the change to the new interface has really screwed things up.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #145: March 18, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »
I'm having trouble adding new partners. My returning partners seem to be doing ok.

The new partners can't log in and set up their accounts. One is not even getting my invite. Another major IT fail by the Nats.

The new system actually seems better than the old one. Assuming it actually works that.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #146: March 18, 2019, 07:07:22 PM »
I keep trying to add partners but when I click the "add partner" button it doesn't do freak all.

I'm more confused than a blind lesbian trying to sniff her way out of a fish factory.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #147: March 18, 2019, 09:28:35 PM »
My partners are having similar trouble.  All show up on my page as being successfully added, but none of them is able to actually log in and see anything.  They were all partners last year, and had no issues.  Seems like the change to the new interface has really screwed things up.

The new partners can't log in and set up their accounts. One is not even getting my invite. Another major IT fail by the Nats.

Sorry you guys are having trouble, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one.   :)  My Nats rep is supposed to be looking into it.  We'll see where that goes.

Offline djnrook

« Reply #148: March 19, 2019, 06:29:22 AM »
If you are trading tickets 1-1 at the same price you are fine. But if you exchange a non-premium game for a premium game the SPH pays the difference (Nats win), if you swap a premium game for a non-premium game the team keeps the difference (SPH loses). Quite a system they dreamed up.

This is not my experience.   But for opening day, I have yet to find a game that gives me a credit equal to what I paid  for my season tickets, and even the non-premium games cost me more than my per game season ticket holder cost.  Bleeding cash on every exchange.  Great perk - for them. 

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #149: March 19, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »

Seems like the Nats are starting to make progress.  One of the partner accounts I had created magically started working.  The other two still got "Not Connected" when trying to log into the Access/Rewards site but I solved that by dropping them as partners and re-adding them.  Once they used the new partner codes that they were e-mailed, they were finally able to get into the Access site.

So, new question - I tried forwarding tickets to a partner and that worked fine.  However, when the partner logs into My Nationals Tickets, it's not allowing them to sell them on Stubhub.  They can do other actions like print or exchange them, but when they choose the Stubhub action the tickets can't be selected.  Shouldn't partners be able to re-sell their tickets?  Am I missing a step?