Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52612 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #225: April 09, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
Agreed - it's been a total fiasco this year.

There’s always time to bounce back but man did they botch the rollout.

Offline machpost

« Reply #226: April 09, 2019, 06:42:53 PM »
There’s always time to bounce back but man did they botch the rollout.

The Nationals are getting really good at botching things.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #227: April 09, 2019, 09:00:06 PM »
The new tech portal has really frustrated a lot of my partners to the point of I think some won’t come back next year. It’s also the loss of Natsplus cards and the reliance on the Ballpark app.

Any good organization will listen to customer feedback, so maybe we should start a list of the things we don't like this year.  Here a few things I can think of.  Anything else?

• The proces of getting parnters signed up and "connected" on the Rewards and My Nats Tickets sites was an absolute nighmare this year
  • Getting rid of the e-cash cards you could put in your wallet was a horrible idea.  Using the app isn't nearly as convenient, and it didn't even work on Opening Day
  • We're two weeks into the season and there's still no way to transfer RCR points to a partner on the Rewards site
  • The Rewards website will only take an RCR code through midnight even though the Nats Plus page on the Nats site says the only requirement is to enter the code "within 24 hours of when you receive it"
  • Didn't someone say you lose value when you try to exchange multiple tickets?
  • What else is worse this year than in prior years?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #228: April 09, 2019, 09:03:12 PM »
I could live with all the tech difficulties. The reason I'm dropping my plan is because the season tickets are priced at or above market value and the Nats make them difficult to resell without paying fees. There is absolutely no reason to continue buying them.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #229: April 09, 2019, 09:47:00 PM »
What part of the Nats organization is responsible for these problems ?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #230: April 10, 2019, 08:04:13 AM »
I could live with all the tech difficulties. The reason I'm dropping my plan is because the season tickets are priced at or above market value and the Nats make them difficult to resell without paying fees. There is absolutely no reason to continue buying them.

But that's been that way for a while. It's never really been about price. What's changed this year are the benefits to partners and that's going to break up a lot of partnership groups.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #231: April 10, 2019, 08:17:02 AM »
But that's been that way for a while. It's never really been about price. What's changed this year are the benefits to partners and that's going to break up a lot of partnership groups.

Don't tell me how it's been. I've had zero technical difficulties. But since last year prices went up and resale values dropped. I'm getting killed and I'm getting out.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #232: April 10, 2019, 08:18:07 AM »
The Nats are marketing geniuses. Taking away benefits after a bad year and after losing their most marketable player. Brilliant!

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #233: April 10, 2019, 08:18:48 AM »
What part of the Nats organization is responsible for these problems ?
The owners. They are responsible for everything.

Offline carlosdelvaca

« Reply #234: April 10, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »
What else is worse this year than in prior years?

The number of games blacked out from exchanges or RCR redemption is pretty long this year. It's varied from year to year, so this isn't exactly new. But I think they're greatly overestimating demand for some of these games. Guess they didn't learn much from that Cubs series a couple years ago.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #235: April 10, 2019, 09:30:21 AM »
The number of games blacked out from exchanges or RCR redemption is pretty long this year. It's varied from year to year, so this isn't exactly new. But I think they're greatly overestimating demand for some of these games. Guess they didn't learn much from that Cubs series a couple years ago.

Seems to be about the same as last year...(mindfact)...primarily some weekend afternoon and evening games, and the 4th of July holiday. 

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #236: April 10, 2019, 04:45:20 PM »
But since last year prices went up and resale values dropped. I'm getting killed and I'm getting out.

Is this NYSE or Nats tickets we're talking about?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #237: April 10, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »
The cards always worked well for me and I liked putting them in my wallet like a credit card. I really don't want to wear that geeky lanyard ("hey, look, I'm a season ticket holder :roll:") but I may have to break down because it's easy.

I wrecked a couple of cards by putting them too close to the magnet on the back of my cell phone.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #238: April 10, 2019, 09:48:56 PM »
Same here, I have a dedicated slash pocket in my Flatpack for it.

Also, that D3 Flatpack I bought to skirt the new bag policy is working famously.

Is wish it zipped on my plate carrier. Kind if doubting they're willing to make them compatible with every style of PC that has a zippered back.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #239: April 12, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »
Is wish it zipped on my plate carrier. Kind if doubting they're willing to make them compatible with every style of PC that has a zippered back.

What kind of PC are you running? Do you run mags on it in the front? If not, you could look at integrating it with the compatible chest rig and running that over your PC.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #240: April 12, 2019, 12:37:25 PM »
Screen shots of tickets are working so far this year but that is going away. The Nats site says you have to use the live Ballpark app. They are trying to steer all resales through StubHub, whose fees keep increasing.

Beam me up Scotty, I'm about done with Nats for Life.

Offline NovaNat

« Reply #241: April 12, 2019, 01:06:10 PM »
Does anyone know if you can link your partner account to more than one phone in the Ballpark app? 

In years past we had multiple cards so even if I used my phone for ecash someone else could use a card with ecash loaded on it. Not sure the best way to manage it this year. 

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #242: April 12, 2019, 05:40:46 PM »
Does anyone know if you can link your partner account to more than one phone in the Ballpark app? 

Don't see why not. The account is tied to an email and password but I may be missing something.

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #243: April 16, 2019, 03:26:25 PM »
Anybody have an ETA from their rep on the point transfer feature? Can't get any info from mine.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #244: April 16, 2019, 04:03:01 PM »
We've been bugging our guy and apparently they don't know either.  Annoying. 
Anybody have an ETA from their rep on the point transfer feature? Can't get any info from mine.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #245: April 16, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »

In years past we had multiple cards so even if I used my phone for ecash someone else could use a card with ecash loaded on it. Not sure the best way to manage it this year. 

Is eCash supposed to work with the Ballpark app? I couldn't figure it out, then I got it to come up on the Nats Plus site. No one working at the ballpark had any idea how to help. Even the Nats Service Twitter account (which is usually a good source of info) didn't have the right info. I hate to complain about the employees because they are all nice, but the team needs to do better disseminating info to their staff.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246: April 17, 2019, 12:05:08 AM »
Is eCash supposed to work with the Ballpark app? I couldn't figure it out, then I got it to come up on the Nats Plus site. No one working at the ballpark had any idea how to help. Even the Nats Service Twitter account (which is usually a good source of info) didn't have the right info. I hate to complain about the employees because they are all nice, but the team needs to do better disseminating info to their staff.

When you’re on the home page with your account there is a button that says “show my card” in the middle of the screen. If you hit that a QR code shows up that can be scanned at the food places for eCash. It has worked for me.
I’ve just started carrying the card with the lanyard in my baseball bag and using that because it’s easier than fiddling with the phone, but the ballpark app has worked for me.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #247: April 17, 2019, 04:35:25 AM »
When you’re on the home page with your account there is a button that says “show my card” in the middle of the screen. If you hit that a QR code shows up that can be scanned at the food places for eCash. It has worked for me.
I’ve just started carrying the card with the lanyard in my baseball bag and using that because it’s easier than fiddling with the phone, but the ballpark app has worked for me.

I definitely didn't have the option on my Ballpark app. I had at least 20 old accounts connected from purchases over the years so I cleared those out. The solution is probably to cancel the auto load, use up the $100 on the account, and be done with it.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #248: April 17, 2019, 08:40:03 AM »
I definitely didn't have the option on my Ballpark app. I had at least 20 old accounts connected from purchases over the years so I cleared those out. The solution is probably to cancel the auto load, use up the $100 on the account, and be done with it.

I feel like 20 percent off is too much to blow off. That’s the only thing that keeps me going back.

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #249: April 17, 2019, 08:57:34 AM »

The 20 accounts thing is a really really annoying bug from when this new system got implemented. It's not even just old Nats accounts. What happened was if you had other accounts for other teams linked in your ballpark app (say you bought Orioles tickets one time), the Nats took that account number and created a Nats account with that account number. And anytime you go to re-link your ballpark app with your MLB account, all those accounts get re-imported every time. So you can unlink the accounts, but if you ever have to reinstall the app they will all show back up and you have to go through the same process again.