Author Topic: Spring training question  (Read 640 times)

Offline viera

Spring training question
« Topic Start: January 04, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
Bringing my daughter to spring training for the first time since they moved to the new(ish) stadium.  Any recommendations about the best seats/sections for autographs?  Thanks so much!

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Spring training question
« Reply #1: January 04, 2019, 06:25:07 PM »
Bringing my daughter to spring training for the first time since they moved to the new(ish) stadium.  Any recommendations about the best seats/sections for autographs?  Thanks so much!

I wouldn't get your hopes up about any autographs in the Park.  You may have better luck at the practice fields before the game.  Quite often, some of the fellas will stop for kids while going from area to area.

Best seats overall is pretty subjective.  We like to sit behind home plate under cover from the sun...so sections 108 thru 111, back up in rows S, T...somewhere in that range.

Have fun...it's a fantastic venue...

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2: January 04, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »

We sit high up on the 1st base side, behind the dugout. You get some shade there pretty much for the whole game. But your user name is Viera, so I'm thinking you know something about the Florida sun.  I haven't seen a lot of players signing honestly. Probably go where you see other groups of kids.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #3: January 06, 2019, 06:01:32 PM »
For kids getting autographs go to a Nats game in Jupiter. Sit in the left field bleachers right behind the on the field bullpen. Also the team comes and goes right there.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #4: January 07, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »
Thinking of kids autographs.....last March at West Palm I was in the firstbase line bleachers wearing  a "curly hat" which is a visor with fake hair when some kid trying to score an autograph from the Nats bullpen was told by Matt Grace, I think, to go get my hat and he would sign a ball for him.
So the kid came over and politely described the offer he was made. I did; the kid did; and he got his signed ball.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #5: January 07, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Thinking of kids autographs.....last March at West Palm I was in the firstbase line bleachers wearing  a "curly hat" which is a visor with fake hair when some kid trying to score an autograph from the Nats bullpen was told by Matt Grace, I think, to go get my hat and he would sign a ball for him.
So the kid came over and politely described the offer he was made. I did; the kid did; and he got his signed ball.

Where did you get the hat?

EDIT   Found a site.      Gotta get one.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #6: January 08, 2019, 08:55:20 AM »
Bringing a kid to the game is the best strategy to get an autograph, and I agree, you stand a much better chance of getting an autograph at an away game in Jupiter or Port Saint Lucie than at West Palm.  You rarely see the position players in the practice fields at West Palm but you can usually catch the pitchers out there if you get there around 10am, by 1130, on a game day....just head for the stands, its lunch time. You will often see a mob of kids lined up along the wall around section 117, first base line, hoping to get a player, sometimes, you'll even get a player to come over.  Once the game is under way....find a seat in the shade and enjoy the game

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #7: January 08, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »
Bringing a kid to the game is the best strategy to get an autograph, and I agree, you stand a much better chance of getting an autograph at an away game in Jupiter or Port Saint Lucie than at West Palm.  You rarely see the position players in the practice fields at West Palm but you can usually catch the pitchers out there if you get there around 10am, by 1130, on a game day....just head for the stands, its lunch time. You will often see a mob of kids lined up along the wall around section 117, first base line, hoping to get a player, sometimes, you'll even get a player to come over.  Once the game is under way....find a seat in the shade and enjoy the game

Let me know if you need a kid, I'll be running a service of bringing in kids used in border crossings to help fans get signatures. $50 per day and you have to supply the kid with a hot dog and a water.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline machpost

« Reply #9: February 12, 2019, 11:33:06 AM »
My biggest complaint about the new ballpark in West Palm is the netting. They seem to be using a thicker style of netting than you see at Nats Park, and it's far more distracting when you're sitting behind it. We always get seats 5–10 rows behind the home dugout, so maybe sitting farther back would help.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #10: February 12, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
For kids getting autographs go to a Nats game in Jupiter. Sit in the left field bleachers right behind the on the field bullpen. Also the team comes and goes right there.

This