Author Topic: Top Prospect Lists: 2019  (Read 1326 times)

Online Slateman

• Tom's Narcan Hero
Re: Top Prospect Lists: 2019
« Reply #25: February 15, 2019, 08:35:32 AM »
People underrate his time here. He had a 2.91 ERA over 185 IP in his first three years, before falling apart that last year. He was a good RP for us for the most part, just nothing like he was in Oakland.
So basically, he was good when there was no pressure on him. So like I said, he was middle relief.

If Treinen repeats last year, we can talk about being a diamond. But he was basically Craig Stammen when he was here.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #26: February 15, 2019, 09:46:51 AM »
So basically, he was good when there was no pressure on him. So like I said, he was middle relief.

If Treinen repeats last year, we can talk about being a diamond. But he was basically Craig Stammen when he was here.

Y'all are being a little too literal. He was a good player here, who turned into an outstanding player there. I don't think we need to turn up our noses at good middle relievers - we could have used more of them last year.

Online Slateman

• Tom's Narcan Hero
« Reply #27: February 15, 2019, 10:08:36 AM »
Y'all are being a little too literal. He was a good player here, who turned into an outstanding player there. I don't think we need to turn up our noses at good middle relievers - we could have used more of them last year.
he was decent middle relief. Claiming that decent middle relief is a "diamond" is a stretch. Its more like a nice piece of copper.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• Show me Otani
« Reply #28: March 01, 2019, 02:07:01 PM »
Using ERA to rate a relief pitcher? 

All I needed to evaluate him was one look at the movement and speed combo on his nasty sinker

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #29: March 01, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »
All I needed to evaluate him was one look at the movement and speed combo on his nasty sinker

The difference between him in Washington and in Oakland is that he now has another pitch.  He's got 3 fastballs with three different movement patterns now and 2-3 mph between each of them.