Author Topic: Believe it or not, there was a 2006 All-Star pitcher available...  (Read 817 times)

Offline PC

...until today.

Rangers signed LHP Mark Redman to a minor league contract and assigned him to Triple-A Oklahoma.  Redman was cut by Atlanta last week after going 0-4 with an 11.63 ERA. He went on the disabled list for surgery to remove an ingrown toenail, then made one relief appearance and gave up a grand slam to Boston's Mike Lowell.

In case you don't remember, he was the Royals representative at last year's All-Star game.

Offline mikehughes

Yes, but also I could have sworn he didn't have great stats either, and was only their since the Royals had to have a represenative, and none were much better. Almost any other team and he most likely wouldn't have been playing in it

Offline NatsAddict

Redman at one time owned the Phillies. 

I had a good laugh at the DL for the toenail.  That's almost as bad as when he went on the DL for a month when he broke his pitching thumb on a bunt.  He was replaced by another LHP named Willis.

Offline mikehughes

Redman at one time owned the Phillies. 

I had a good laugh at the DL for the toenail.  That's almost as bad as when he went on the DL for a month when he broke his pitching thumb on a bunt.  He was replaced by another LHP named Willis.

As in..dontrelle Willis?

Offline NatsAddict

As in..dontrelle Willis?

Yep.  Not exactly Wally Pipp and Lou Gehrig (Willis isn't HOF material), but pretty similar.