Author Topic: The Revenue Chief has left the building  (Read 834 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Revenue Chief has left the building
« Topic Start: December 10, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
Camillo is going to the Flyers.

Higher prices, automatic renewals, automatic cash card reloads, and fewer ticket reps.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2018/12/exclusive-valerie-camillo-hired-as-new-president-of-comcast-spectacor-will-oversee-flyers-wells-fargo-center.html

Online Natsinpwc

Re: The Revenue Chief has left the building
« Reply #1: December 10, 2018, 10:57:58 AM »
Camillo is going to the Flyers.

Higher prices, automatic renewals, automatic cash card reloads, and fewer ticket reps.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2018/12/exclusive-valerie-camillo-hired-as-new-president-of-comcast-spectacor-will-oversee-flyers-wells-fargo-center.html
She will probably claim credit for Gritty.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: December 10, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »
She will probably claim credit for Gritty.

No one else will.

Offline machpost

« Reply #3: December 10, 2018, 11:21:17 AM »
She probably made the Lerners a lot of money, but absolutely nothing improved from a fan's perspective during her tenure.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #4: December 10, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »
No one else will.
Low bar but Gritty > Screech.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5: December 10, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »
I read that article twice and still can’t figure out their organizational structure.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6: December 10, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »
Which one's Screech  ...  Caps or Nats?

Screech = Nats
Slap Shot = Caps

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: December 10, 2018, 12:05:49 PM »
I liked the portly screech...he lost all of his charm when he slimmed down.  Now he looks like a mall rat with a beak. 
Low bar but Gritty > Screech.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #8: December 10, 2018, 12:24:19 PM »
I read that article twice and still can’t figure out their organizational structure.
Holmgren is responsible for hockey operations now. The new GM reports to him. Holmgren used to be the GM. He was kicked upstairs so to speak when Hextall was hired. Now he apparently has more power and helped Hextall be dismissed. The new GM Fletcher will run the hockey operations.  Camillo will run the soft side as I would call it.

I don’t think it’s that unusual for sports franchises to have a president and a GM?

Basically are Snider was a hands on owner for better or worse. They haven’t had that for a few years now.

Offline wj73

« Reply #9: December 10, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »
She probably made the Lerners a lot of money, but absolutely nothing improved from a fan's perspective during her tenure.

I’d say as a partial plan holder things got a lot worse. Benefits we’d had since the beginning in 2005 were reduced or disappeared altogether once she came in.  I guess the idea was to maximize revenue by trying to push us into half or full season plans. Didn’t work for me - I dropped my partial plan in 2016, but it must have worked for enough people that the Nats were apparently happy. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #10: December 10, 2018, 02:59:32 PM »
The Flyers are a big step down from the Nats in terms of revenue. I wonder if this move was for more money or if she got out before Lerner made a change.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #11: December 10, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »
She works for Comcast-Spectator now, which is a way bigger company than the Nats. Getting into that via the Flyers is a smart move.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #12: December 10, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
She works for Comcast-Spectator now, which is a way bigger company than the Nats. Getting into that via the Flyers is a smart move.
Probably. Ed Snider created Comcast. 

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #13: December 10, 2018, 03:31:45 PM »

From what I can tell she's just running the Flyers, a step down from running an MLB club. Could be she got more than what Lerner was paying her.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #14: December 10, 2018, 08:56:40 PM »
I’d say as a partial plan holder things got a lot worse. Benefits we’d had since the beginning in 2005 were reduced or disappeared altogether once she came in.  I guess the idea was to maximize revenue by trying to push us into half or full season plans. Didn’t work for me - I dropped my partial plan in 2016, but it must have worked for enough people that the Nats were apparently happy.

This x 2.  Good riddance.