Author Topic: Chelsea Janes Leaving Nationals Beat  (Read 6184 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Chelsea Janes Leaving Nationals Beat
« Reply #25: December 13, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
Janes says that the Roark trade could have been part of the "cleansing" of the clubhouse that got Kinzler and Kelley shipped out. She also said that Boras contradicted what they are hearing from the teams about the market for Harper, and that she is leaning towards believing the teams, that Harper may not end up with the contract he had been led to expect.

Janes from the podcast:

"I think there's been tension between Tanner and Nats for a long time and I just don't think that is something that Rizzo is tolerating anymore."

Dybas added, "you're either with us or against us".

Janes continued, "that's what I heard...there's sort of a cleanse happening...jettisoned Kinzler, Kelley, Roark...not that Tanner was a problem...Rizzo's given Davey more of what he is looking for personality wise...it's a cleanse and people will be uncomfortable but what they had didn't work anyway."

On the NBCS Washington podcast Dybas and Collier are fine but she is clearly a step above them with her analysis, it's a shame I'll have to mute her on Twitter tomorrow.

https://art19.com/shows/racing-presidents/episodes/5fe2adfb-a31d-43d7-8d4d-ddd2de5d59a2