Author Topic: New Spring Training Unis  (Read 997 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: New Spring Training Unis
« Reply #25: December 19, 2018, 08:17:43 PM »
The hats are a winner. I will get one as soon as I can.

Offline hotshot

« Reply #26: December 20, 2018, 08:59:14 AM »
If they're going to bring back the Capitol logo why not the Senators name too? The city didn't want that branding because of the whole no representation thing but it's been 13-14 years, what are they going to do about it, take the ballpark back?
Wish they would take 'Senators' back. Much more relevant to the city than the vague "Nationals."

Offline Dave301

« Reply #27: December 20, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
Wish they would take 'Senators' back. Much more relevant to the city than the vague "Nationals."

Senators is a boring name. I don't want to think about politics while trying to enjoy a game. It sounds like New York Stock Brokers or LA Producers. Accurate, but just not fun. Nationals is relevant enough.

Offline hotshot

« Reply #28: December 20, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »
Senators is a boring name. I don't want to think about politics while trying to enjoy a game. It sounds like New York Stock Brokers or LA Producers. Accurate, but just not fun. Nationals is relevant enough.

Not a big deal, to be sure but ... what exactly does "Nationals" mean? We are hardly "America's team" in baseball. And, yes, we're in the National League but that really has no connection. So are 14 other teams.

Maybe the team should've gone for neither Senators nor Nationals. I've forgotten what the other names put forth were. Must've been pretty bad.

Offline varoadking

• Grandpa VaRK
« Reply #29: December 20, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »
Not a big deal, to be sure but ... what exactly does "Nationals" mean? We are hardly "America's team" in baseball. And, yes, we're in the National League but that really has no connection. So are 14 other teams.

Maybe the team should've gone for neither Senators nor Nationals. I've forgotten what the other names put forth were. Must've been pretty bad.

The Capitals didn't take Pandas, so that was available...

Offline Mattionals

• Click Clack
« Reply #30: December 20, 2018, 01:51:41 PM »

I prefer Senators as well.

Offline Dave301

« Reply #31: December 20, 2018, 09:02:58 PM »

It's the nation's capital. The federal government is run by officials who come from across the nation. Nothing to do with trying to be "America's team" or the National League.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #32: January 03, 2019, 09:10:11 AM »
Cool looking cap. Now I need to get one dag all the nabbits.

Online bluestreak

« Reply #33: January 03, 2019, 09:13:38 AM »

Wasn’t the official name of the Senators the Nationals?