22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 122861 times)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
RC was his first gig in DC.    I remember listening to him late at night.    He didn't want his picture taken so he had a photo in the paper of him in a hoodie.    When he came back from FL, I had forgotten all about him.    Not sure why but I never was a fan of DC101.    I listened to 'HFS and WMAL-FM.     Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste, I remember when WTOP-FM was an oldies station.    The Post gave the channel to Howard University and it became WHUR.

Oh, I forgot about that timeline. I was listening to Howard Stern on DC101 and then when he hit it big and moved to Newwww York City that was when Doug Tracht came over to DC101. Until he shat the bed and got run out of town. I think he ended up back in Florida.  Before DC101 I was listening to WPGC. Top 40, Kasey Kasum, and all that good stuff.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Oh, I forgot about that timeline. I was listening to Howard Stern on DC101 and then when he hit it big and moved to Newwww York City that was when Doug Tracht came over to DC101. Until he shat the bed and got run out of town. I think he ended up back in Florida.  Before DC101 I was listening to WPGC. Top 40, Kasey Kasum, and all that good stuff.

Good memory   ....   WPGC was the crapz in the day.    Loved it too.     BTW, I don't think I've listened to HS for more than 10 minutes.   :)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Good memory   ....   WPGC was the crapz in the day.    Loved it too.     BTW, I don't think I've listened to HS for more than 10 minutes.   :)

Howard was funny when I was 25. Not so much afterwards.

My memories of HS and Doug Tracht;

HS calling Air Florida after their plane crashed into the Potomac and asking them how much a one way ticket to the 14th St Bridge cost.

Greaseman saying on MLK holiday- if they kill 4 more we’ll get the whole week off.

Offline mitlen

My memories of HS and Doug Tracht;

HS calling Air Florida after their plane crashed into the Potomac and asking them how much a one way ticket to the 14th St Bridge cost.

That's the kind of stuff Imus did in the early 70s in NYC.    Mindfact  ....   I think Imus called somebody in a hospital and asked 'em how they were doing.

Google sez Imus was in Cleveland as well.    I might remember that but those files are fuzzy.

IMO    Tracht's comment about MLK got him the banishment he deserved.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
That's the kind of stuff Imus did in the 60s in NYC.    Tracht's comment about MLK got him the banishment he deserved.

Until his nappy headed ho comment. :crackup: Funny how HS with all his crap he never got smacked down.

Offline mitlen

Until his nappy headed ho comment. :crackup: Funny how HS with all his crap never got smacked down.

I quit listening to Imus before that stupidity.    He had gone off the rails with the idiots in his crew   ....  Bo Deedle, Bernie something or other, etc.     I knew (vaguely) the coach of the Rutger's women's team in a previous life (W. Pa).    I knew, again vaguely, her husband as well.    So, when I heard that comment originally, it disgusted me generally and it took on a personal disgust as well.

JCA will be along in a minute.    :mg:

Offline Duke of Earl

Howard was funny when I was 25. Not so much afterwards.

I'm 70. And to me,  he get funnier every day.

Offline UMDNats

If there was an WNFF law (like Murphy's law) it would be that every thread eventually becomes a discussion about, "back in the day.." or "when I was younger" or "I used to"

:lmao:

Offline Natsinpwc

If there was an WNFF law (like Murphy's law) it would be that every thread eventually becomes a discussion about, "back in the day.." or "when I was younger" or "I used to"

Someday that will be you whippersnapper.

Offline mitlen

Huh?     Didn't you get a manual with your membership?    ;)

Offline LoveAngelos

100 of those walks were with the bases loaded.  :D

Is there a stat which analyzes stranded RISP. If  a player has 100 RBIS what is his relative value if he strands 150 RISP?

Offline hotshot

The esteemed Mad Dog Russo predicts Harper and Machado will sign o/a March 10. Opines agents' egos are in major play.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Is there a stat which analyzes stranded RISP. If  a player has 100 RBIS what is his relative value if he strands 150 RISP?

Yes. Hitting with RISP.

Harper hit 290./458/.524 with RISP last season. For his career, he hits .276/.427/.472

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Until his nappy headed ho comment. :crackup: Funny how HS with all his crap he never got smacked down.
didn't Stern lose his gig in DC over the Air Florida call?  I think that's when New York grabbed him.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Nightengale says Giants willing to make Harper a big money, short term deal only.

Offline Five Banners

Nightengale says Giants willing to make Harper a big money, short term deal only.

So would quite a few others, one would think.

Offline Copecwby20

damn. The old “change sports” trick.

Boras is really grasping now. 😂

Good. freak all of them. Total freaking kangaroo wagons. The both of them.

Offline UMDNats

Maybe this is the week Harper finally decides to sign with one of the teams that only came in because his market collapsed. Good move for the GOAT free agent!

Offline rileyn

It really is crazy how many FA are remaining with pitchers and catchers to report in a few days.  Are they all waiting for the Harper domino to fall?  Will Machado, Kuechel, Kimbrel, and all of the others quickly follow?  I really think Bryce already knows, but I'm not sure what he is waiting on to announce. 

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
It really is crazy how many FA are remaining with pitchers and catchers to report in a few days.  Are they all waiting for the Harper domino to fall?  Will Machado, Kuechel, Kimbrel, and all of the others quickly follow?  I really think Bryce already knows, but I'm not sure what he is waiting on to announce. 
This is bad for baseball.  There should be a signing date, like the Sunday before the Superbowl, for any contracts over $50MM.  If you can't sign by then, the big guys like Harper and Machado become one-year signings over $25MM, the lesser become 1 or 2 year deals. Then it just becomes high dollar, short term deals.  Lesser FAs would not be impacted by the date and could still sign their typical during spring training deals.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
This is bad for baseball.  There should be a signing date, like the Sunday before the Superbowl, for any contracts over $50MM.  If you can't sign by then, the big guys like Harper and Machado become one-year signings over $25MM, the lesser become 1 or 2 year deals. Then it just becomes high dollar, short term deals.  Lesser FAs would not be impacted by the date and could still sign their typical during spring training deals.

Those greedy billionaire owners are clearly colluding to cheat these poor players.  They should just give them what they want...   :whistle:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Looks like we're reaching the end of the line:

Chris Russell
@Russellmania621
Decision week for Bryce in Vegas....This could be over by Thursday (Valentine's Day). Heard no more meetings. 3-4 teams are serious contenders. I assume that still includes #Nats but not 100% sure. Heard a week or so ago, they would get final chance to match.