22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 123302 times)

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

t
I would love to see the Phillips tie up a bunch of money in a player who will carry them to the same heights he took the Nats when he is not hurt or throwing the ball to the wrong base or striking out or hitting solo Homers or leaving RISP

How does one have 100 RBI despite being walked 130 times if they don't hit with RISP?

Offline Natsinpwc

t
How does one have 100 RBI despite being walked 130 times if they don't hit with RISP?
Fake news!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
t

100 of those walks were with the bases loaded.  :D

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

100 of those walks were with the bases loaded.  :D

Haha I remember when I believe Showalter intentionally walked Bonds with the bases loaded. 

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Bottom of the 9th with 2 outs in a tied game
Haha I remember when I believe Showalter intentionally walked Bonds with the bases loaded. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Bottom of the 9th with 2 outs in a tied game

The Oriole way   ....   :)

Offline hotshot

That would be the worst fielding outfield in baseball.

In the AL, they should average 8 runs a game. Not to worry about outfield defense.

Online rileyn

Bryce doesn't want to play 81 games in SF. Great ballpark but not conducive to him hitting HR's.  That is still why I'm going with Philly.

Offline UMDNats

Harper - LF
Hicks - CF
Judge - RF
Stanton - DH

it is not a good fielding defense, but Hicks is real good and Judge and Harper have rocket arms. If you moved Judge to 1B or Stanton to 1B or something then it gets even better.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

I think you're poorly evaluating the collective defensive ability of the Yankees' outfirlders

Offline Nick the Pig

Bryce doesn't want to play 81 games in SF. Great ballpark but not conducive to him hitting HR's.  That is still why I'm going with Philly.

Philly would turn on him as soon as he went on a 3 game hitless streak.  Can't expect Bryce to be smart enough to know that, but I bet that Boras does.

Offline BigMeech

bryce and manny should be banned from baseball for refusing to sign at this point in the offseason.

Offline Slateman

bryce and manny should be banned from baseball for refusing to sign at this point in the offseason.
I think that is a bit too far.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

I'm all for banning Machado just because.

Offline hotshot

JD Martinez signed last year on Feb 21st, IIRC. These guys aren't yet approaching that date.

Offline Slateman

JD Martinez signed last year on Feb 21st, IIRC. These guys aren't yet approaching that date.

I think that's a good point. I think that theres lots of time. I think it's not like Harper needs a full ST to get into shape

Offline Natsinpwc

I think that's a good point. I think that theres lots of time. I think it's not like Harper needs a full ST to get into shape
Yes, hitters only need two weeks.  Why would any player go through 6 weeks of spring training when they don't have to,  Ask Zimm. 

Offline nfotiu

Wasn't it Werth who blamed having a crappy first year here on not being able to do all the preparation he normally does?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Wasn't it Werth who blamed having a crappy first year here on not being able to do all the preparation he normally does?

I think some players need more time than others. Case by case.

Offline Trea Burner

When Steve Phillips is making sense, you know it’s desperate times.

https://twitter.com/stevephillipsgm/status/1093490949957869568?s=21

Offline nfotiu

When Steve Phillips is making sense, you know it’s desperate times.

https://twitter.com/stevephillipsgm/status/1093490949957869568?s=21
I tend to agree with that statement.  The longer it goes on, the more I think that either he doesn't want to be here, or the Nats have pulled their offer.

He was probably going to come here until he read this thread and realized you all think he's a lazy, self centered, crappy fielding, injury prone reject  :D :D :D :D

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
I've heard that his pic is gone from the promo materials the team is circulating.

I guess when Lerner-the-Younger talks, we should take him seriously.

I tend to agree with that statement.  The longer it goes on, the more I think that either he doesn't want to be here, or the Nats have pulled their offer.

He was probably going to come here until he read this thread and realized you all think he's a lazy, self centered, crappy fielding, injury prone reject  :D :D :D :D

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I've heard that his pic is gone from the promo materials the team is circulating.

I guess when Lerner-the-Younger talks, we should take him seriously.

His picture on the SPH ACCESS page has been replaced by St. Stephen...

Offline UMDNats

Well he's a free agent so he cannot be on promo material for a team he's not under contract with. As soon as free agency started he had to be removed from all marketing and website material, etc.

Offline HalfSmokes

Well he's a free agent so he cannot be on promo material for a team he's not under contract with. As soon as free agency started he had to be removed from all marketing and website material, etc.

Mlb.com’s own store has no problem associating him with the Nationals

https://www.mlbshop.com/?query=Harper