22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 125986 times)

Offline hotshot

Re: POLL: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....
« Reply #75: October 10, 2018, 11:38:17 AM »
What concerns me about the results from our poll is if we re-sign Harper what will we do about Rendon. I believe the consensus on the site is we can't afford both .

Rather have Rendon in a choice between the two.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #76: October 10, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
What concerns me about the results from our poll is if we re-sign Harper what will we do about Rendon. I believe the consensus on the site is we can't afford both .

Who listens to these nitwits?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #77: October 10, 2018, 11:48:13 AM »
If the Yankees loose tonight, I think there's a good chance he's in pinstripes next year

do not see it. Stanton & Judge are locked in at LF & RF (rotating at DH, too) and Hicks, Frazier, etc. are good CF options for now. Harper can't play CF in Yankee Stadium and I don't see Cashman as the kind of guy who decides 3 $25 million+ outfielders is prudent.

I think Machado is more likely as Andujar would bring back a nice SP I bet.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #78: October 10, 2018, 02:10:02 PM »
I think there is no way the team chooses Harper over Rendon.  They will not sign Harper unless they have Rendon locked up beforehand.  Once they do, then they can evaluate whether they can afford Harper.  Until they know how much Rendon will cost they cannot evaluate that.   

And despite popular theory ("he's going to the Cubs", "he's going to the Dodgers", "Phillies")  nobody has any freaking idea what he's thinking. After signing Rendon and evaluating what's left for Harper, the team may say "take it or leave it".  He just might take it.   Especially when he finds out that nobody is offering him that $4M contract and the best offer is $210M for 8 years, and he wants to be in DC anyway.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #79: October 10, 2018, 07:00:27 PM »
I think there is no way the team chooses Harper over Rendon.  They will not sign Harper unless they have Rendon locked up beforehand.  Once they do, then they can evaluate whether they can afford Harper.  Until they know how much Rendon will cost they cannot evaluate that.   

And despite popular theory ("he's going to the Cubs", "he's going to the Dodgers", "Phillies")  nobody has any freaking idea what he's thinking. After signing Rendon and evaluating what's left for Harper, the team may say "take it or leave it".  He just might take it.   Especially when he finds out that nobody is offering him that $4M contract and the best offer is $210M for 8 years, and he wants to be in DC anyway.

Harper is more valuable to the Lerners than Rendon.

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

« Reply #80: October 10, 2018, 07:20:29 PM »

There’s no way the Lerner’s choose Rendon over Harper. It’s not just about winning ball games when it comes to ownership and Harper is much more valuable to them than Rendon.

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #81: October 10, 2018, 07:46:51 PM »
Can't find it I think its mlbrumors or rotoworld. Kris Bryant turned down a $200 million contract from the cubs.

Offline Kurt Studzuki

« Reply #82: October 10, 2018, 07:51:53 PM »
If the Nationals let Bryce walk they could extend Rendon and sign Kurt Suzuki, sounds like a path back to the playoffs to me.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #83: October 11, 2018, 12:14:09 AM »
Harper is more valuable to the Lerners than Rendon.

Nope.  Just ask whoever owns the Astros right now: being a winner and bringing home championships is the ultimate cash cow.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #84: October 11, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »
Nope.  Just ask whoever owns the Astros right now: being a winner and bringing home championships is the ultimate cash cow.

If signing Rendon guaranteed a championship and buzz then I’m all for it. Signing Harper guarantees the buzz at least and a shot at the championship. 

Offline Ray D

« Reply #85: October 11, 2018, 10:13:49 AM »
If signing Rendon guaranteed a championship and buzz then I’m all for it. Signing Harper guarantees the buzz at least and a shot at the championship. 
Harper provides more buzz. Initially. Rendon provides a better chance at a championship.  Which results in buzz. Winning provides buzz. Losing, the buzz wears off.

Online CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #86: October 11, 2018, 11:27:36 AM »
They are going to make their push for Harper and see what happens, then figure Rendon out.  I don't think it's an either/or.  Zim comes off the books after this season for a 2 mill buyout.  That's 18 million free.  Rendon is already expensive in arbitration.  Projected at like 17.5 mill. 

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #87: October 11, 2018, 03:07:03 PM »
Harper provides more buzz. Initially. Rendon provides a better chance at a championship.  Which results in buzz. Winning provides buzz. Losing, the buzz wears off.

Harper is always gonna to have the buzz and star factor around him unless he regresses tremendously. Winning or losing. He is an exciting, dynamic player who knows how to work today's media.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #88: October 11, 2018, 03:16:03 PM »
There is only one team Harper will ever play for: Washington. Forever and ever.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #89: October 11, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »

Nats have won nothing with Rendon. Hes a .232/.317/.357 hitter in the postseason.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #90: October 11, 2018, 04:38:53 PM »

:cheers:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91: October 11, 2018, 04:45:30 PM »
Nats have won nothing with Rendon. Hes a .232/.317/.357 hitter in the postseason.

But people have been comparing him to Bryce Harper so  :shrug:

« Reply #92: October 12, 2018, 11:02:15 AM »

I'm a big fan of Rendon, but he gets a pass on the postseason numbers, being injured in the past, etc because he doesn't get any real hype and is always smiling it seems.  That just makes him more likeable.  Hes' an amazing player as well, but fans don't tend to pick him apart the way they do Bryce. 

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #93: October 12, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
Can't find it I think its mlbrumors or rotoworld. Kris Bryant turned down a $200 million contract from the cubs.

Allegedly, he is pissed at the Cubs for manipulating his service time and will not re-sign with them. All of Chicago is panicking - even White Sox fans because the Sox are doing the exact same thing to Eloy Jimenez.

« Reply #94: October 12, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »
Allegedly, he is pissed at the Cubs for manipulating his service time and will not re-sign with them. All of Chicago is panicking - even White Sox fans because the Sox are doing the exact same thing to Eloy Jimenez.

Bryant should be mad at MLB for making the rules, not the Cubs for using them to their advantage.  And when you are later offered 200 hundred million...how can you be mad?  I'd say in the end things are working out just fine for ole blue eyes.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #95: October 12, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Bryant should be mad at MLB for making the rules, not the Cubs for using them to their advantage.  And when you are later offered 200 hundred million...how can you be mad?  I'd say in the end things are working out just fine for ole blue eyes.
He will sign wherever he gets the money. Just like everyone else.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #96: October 12, 2018, 12:43:27 PM »

He can easily be mad. Who knows, maybe he told them he’d never re-sign if they freaked with his service time and now he’s just following through

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97: October 12, 2018, 01:01:11 PM »

The rules don’t compel the Cubs to do what they did, they allow it. I know I’d be mad if my employer took advantage of a loophole to limit my earnings. And once I got another option, I’d seriously consider it. If the Cubs offer him the most he’ll probably stay. But if someone else is close?  :shrug:

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #98: October 12, 2018, 01:14:40 PM »
Only if he has Stockholm syndrome.

Offline slhubic

« Reply #99: October 12, 2018, 08:43:25 PM »
* smile *

'almost' couldn't-care-less, as long as it's not the Nats...  having said so, though, I actually think the Yankees would prove to be the stupidest team, yet again.