22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 126453 times)

Offline aBaltoNat

Thinking back to the night of the HR derby, it’s amazing to me that this guy has completely squandered that much goodwill in just a little over 6 months.

But he did that on his own....we arent being fickle (maybe to some degree but that bad).

Offline Nick the Pig

Thinking back to the night of the HR derby, it’s amazing to me that this guy has completely squandered that much goodwill in just a little over 6 months.

What goodwill ?  He merely appeased the fanbase for one night...

After that, everyone with a brain went back to seeing him as the merc he is.

Offline aBaltoNat

Want to see petty?

Now I wish he would not have won it.

There.

Offline Nick the Pig

Want to see petty?

Now I wish he would not have won it.

There.

Petty, but understandable !

Offline aBaltoNat

Blue is right though, had he had any appetite or desire to be a Nat, he would've already signed an extension - like Arenado.

Offline Nick the Pig

Blue is right though, had he had any appetite or desire to be a Nat, he would've already signed an extension - like Arenado.

No argument here.

Offline aBaltoNat

No argument here.

I propose, rather than boo him when he comes to the plate next time at Nats Park...the crowd starts chanting, "Your hair sucks! Your hair sucks! Your hair sucks!".

There's nothing more we could do to get in his head and hurt his feelings.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Yep, soooooo disappointing.

Offline Nick the Pig

I propose, rather than boo him when he comes to the plate next time at Nats Park...the crowd starts chanting, "Your hair sucks! Your hair sucks! Your hair sucks!".

There's nothing more we could do to get in his head and hurt his feelings.

That's a good idea...

And also jeer him when he does the typical Bryce stuff, like failing to run out a ground ball, or foolishly dive for a fly ball that should have been played on a hop.  Or whining at the umps, for the thousandth time.

Offline aBaltoNat

That's a good idea...

And also jeer him when he does the typical Bryce stuff, like failing to run out a ground ball, or foolishly dive for a fly ball that should have been played on a hop.  Or whining at the umps, for the thousandth time.

Let's coordinate.

For the running and defensive issues, "Ty-pical Bull-crap, Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha!"

For the refs, "Watch that clock, watch that clock!" ....whenever they eventually implement the clock.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
If you want to piss off Bryce, I’d imagine no reaction at all would do the best job. Like if all the fans were reading newspapers when he was introduced or at bat.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
The Phillies are being used to drive up the price. And I still say:

Dodgers.

The Nats are my secondary. I think it’s between the two teams.

And you bastards took down the Dodgers option in the poll.

Offline Nick the Pig

If you want to piss off Bryce, I’d imagine no reaction at all would do the best job. Like if all the fans were reading newspapers when he was introduced or at bat.

You took psychology classes in college, didn't ya ?  :)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

I like that.

Offline aBaltoNat

See...I didn't learn anything at U of M. This is a classy Michigan Man move...and here I was wanting to chant about how much his hair sucked (very WVU).

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
See...I didn't learn anything at U of M. This is a classy Michigan Man move...and here I was wanting to chant about how much his hair sucked (very WVU).

Actually learned it when I was Duke. 

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

:lol:    Duke used to do a lot of those things when Lefty came to town.

Offline Nick the Pig

Holy balls, that explains a lot ! :D

Offline aBaltoNat

Duke of what? Didn't see you as a Brit.

Offline miller10

Let's coordinate.

For the running and defensive issues, "Ty-pical Bull-crap, Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha!"

For the refs, "Watch that clock, watch that clock!" ....whenever they eventually implement the clock.

I think this chant should cover it all, after all is said an done:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Cornell hockey has done this for like 40 years during intros.  They hand out newspapers pages when you go into the arena and read them during the opposing team intros. then IIRC they used to crinkle up the paper and throw it (they may not do that anymore).  Minty will back me up on this.

Offline Duke of Earl

There are around 60 MLB free agents left — a remarkable number due in large part to how long Harper's been taking
https://www.phillyvoice.com/live-mlb-rumors-free-agency-updates-phillies-bryce-harper-giants-dodgers-updates-latest-news-craig-kimbrel-7274/

I don't understand why there isn't general outrage at Harper's arrogance and selfishness.  Around 60 players, unsigned because he refuses to make up his mind. Anyone else outraged?

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
https://www.phillyvoice.com/live-mlb-rumors-free-agency-updates-phillies-bryce-harper-giants-dodgers-updates-latest-news-craig-kimbrel-7274/

I don't understand why there isn't general outrage at Harper's arrogance and selfishness.  Around 60 players, unsigned because he refuses to make up his mind. Anyone else outraged?

that makes absolutely no sense. 

Offline UMDNats

i don't buy the argument that harper is holding up anyone else. you can maybe argue that Kuechel could get offers from the phillies should they miss out on harper, but most of the other guys have their own problems

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

I don't understand the outrage at any of these poor ballplayers who are just trying to maximize their earnings.  The greedy owners should just pay for it...exactly what they all ask for...it's that simple...

In the next CBA, the union should demand that 70% of every dollar over $10MM in revenue go to player salaries...that should do it...