22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 122872 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

If any of the story is true, he’s a piece of crap who will rightfully be unemployable in any public facing business
Hard to say what’s true and what’s not. Sounds like the family wanted money. If not why contact the team rather than police? Dodgers should have reported to the police as soon as she contacted them.

https://www.philly.com/phillies/gabe-kapler-phillies-los-angeles-dodgers-spring-training-assault-glendale-arizona-20190204.html

Offline rugbyflanker

• OllllllO
For what it's worth, Elliott on DC101 was talking on the radio this morning about the Harper situation and said he heard the Nats pulled their $300M offer off the table and told Boras they are starting from $0 now (and that the GMs know they are not negotiating against a $300M offer anymore.) Not sure how much of a reliable source that is, but Elliott is pretty tuned in with the Caps and has contacts/sources in that area so who knows - maybe it is credible intel?  Maybe it's BS...

Also, for some time now an ace in the hole for the Nats was Bryce's brother Bryan - who was in the Nats system and potentially pretty close to making it to the show (before TJ surgery sidetracked him).  He was recovering all last year and could have a shot to crack in this season and if Bryce ever wanted the chance to play with his bro again (in the bigs) he would have to pick the Nats...well that theory is shot because it looks like Bryan elected for free agency this past November and is no longer in the Nats farm system...might be a telling sign that Bryce has no intentions of returning to DC (and possible has known this since November)?? Or it could be a totally different set of circumstances that means nothing...

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I don't think we should put a lot of stock in what DC101's Elliot says about  .... well, honestly, anything.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Bryan Harper is 29, and pitched to a 3.69 ERA / 1.532 WHIP in 46 innings last year in AA in his first year back after TJ. I don't think it would be realistic to think anyone is going to use a 40 man slot for him and put him on a major league roster.

Offline hotshot

As to Realmuto, we didn't have a decent catcher or Top 25 pitching prospect to trade for him so I feel better about never being in the running for him.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
We could have had him for Soto. I’m fine that we didn’t do that.

Offline Slateman

As to Realmuto, we didn't have a decent catcher or Top 25 pitching prospect to trade for him so I feel better about never being in the running for him.
No, but it does point to them asking for Robles and Keiboom as an overreach.

Alfaro is a nice glove, but not sure if his bat will hold up. Sanchez has a ton of potential, but also seems prime for an injury.

Offline imref

I'm thinking the equivalent deal for us would have been something like Robles and Garcia.

No, but it does point to them asking for Robles and Keiboom as an overreach.

Alfaro is a nice glove, but not sure if his bat will hold up. Sanchez has a ton of potential, but also seems prime for an injury.

The fan graphs analysis says this is a classic boom or bust.  On paper, Sanchez is a top-line starter, but he's had some injury issues.  If Alfaro gets his strikeout rate down, he could be the best catcher in the league.  Or, they could both be busts.  Seems like a good gamble for the Marlins who give up 2 years of Realmuto and for Philly who arguably makes their club more attractive to Harper or Machado.

Offline Slateman

I'm thinking the equivalent deal for us would have been something like Robles and Garcia.

The fan graphs analysis says this is a classic boom or bust.  On paper, Sanchez is a top-line starter, but he's had some injury issues.  If Alfaro gets his strikeout rate down, he could be the best catcher in the league.  Or, they could both be busts.  Seems like a good gamble for the Marlins who give up 2 years of Realmuto and for Philly who arguably makes their club more attractive to Harper or Machado.

I don't see anything in Alfaro's history that would lead me to believe he's not going to strike out a ton. He might tone it down from last season (36.6%), but he's always going to be mid to high 20s. He really doesn't walk a lot and he just loves to swing. And I don't think his power is going to hold up very well in Miami.

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that the Marlins had better offers on the table at last year's deadline, but were too greedy. Now they're realizing that if they don't deal him, his value will only diminish.

Offline tomwvr

My guess is brice goes to philly for less then the nats offered , and become the most hated former player.

Offline Natsinpwc

I don't see anything in Alfaro's history that would lead me to believe he's not going to strike out a ton. He might tone it down from last season (36.6%), but he's always going to be mid to high 20s. He really doesn't walk a lot and he just loves to swing. And I don't think his power is going to hold up very well in Miami.

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that the Marlins had better offers on the table at last year's deadline, but were too greedy. Now they're realizing that if they don't deal him, his value will only diminish.
Alfaro led the league in passed balls also!  So there is that.

Offline Natsinpwc

We could have had him for Soto. I’m fine that we didn’t do that.
True.

Offline HalfSmokes

PHILADELPHIA—Sending a strong signal that the move could swing his decision on where to sign, free agent outfielder Bryce Harper asked Friday whether the Philadelphia Phillies would be willing to relocate to another city.

Harper added that he might be willing to play in Philly if the city traded away the majority of its citizens.

https://sports.theonion.com/bryce-harper-asks-if-phillies-willing-to-move-to-anothe-1832462398

:lmao:

Offline imref

genius

Offline hotshot

Marlins were saying all along they wanted a serviceable catcher to replace Realmuto, and a top pitching prospect. I'm sure they would've made the trade with Soto or Robles in it but ... it was never really the match they wanted.

Offline imref

Marlins were saying all along they wanted a serviceable catcher to replace Realmuto, and a top pitching prospect. I'm sure they would've made the trade with Soto or Robles in it but ... it was never really the match they wanted.

yeah, Welters and Fedde were never going to work out for us.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Offline Slateman

I think I remember the stories going around they wanted both Robles and Carter Keiboom

https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/7/30/16929766/mlb-trade-rumors-nationals-jt-realmuto-marlins-victor-robles-spencer-kieboom-not-carter

This has Spencer listed. But honestly, they look dumb now. Robles has a higher ceiling and higher floor than Sanchez does.

Offline aspenbubba

.might be a telling sign that Bryce has no intentions of returning to DC (and possible has known this since November)?? Or it could be a totally different set of circumstances that means nothing...
Also sold his condo.

Offline NationalHeat

Also sold his condo.

He was renting in Rosslyn

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I don't think we should put a lot of stock in what DC101's Elliot says about  .... well, honestly, anything.

I haven't listened to DC101 since the greaseman days.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I haven't listened to DC101 since the greaseman days.

I haven't listened to the Greaseman since he was on WRC-AM.     :old:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I haven't listened to the Greaseman since he was on WRC-AM.     :old:

I never transitioned to WRC after he got fired. Going from FM stereo to AM was too hardcore for my plutocratic lifestyle. :mg:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I never transitioned to WRC after he got fired. Going from FM stereo to AM was too hardcore for my plutocratic lifestyle. :mg:

RC was his first gig in DC.    I remember listening to him late at night.    He didn't want his picture taken so he had a photo in the paper of him in a hoodie.    When he came back from FL, I had forgotten all about him.    Not sure why but I never was a fan of DC101.    I listened to 'HFS and WMAL-FM.     Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste, I remember when WTOP-FM was an oldies station.    The Post gave the channel to Howard University and it became WHUR.