22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 122823 times)

Offline hotshot

With that Chris Davis contract anchor around their necks, hard to see the O's in on Bryce. Might as well have just kept Machado.

Offline LoveAngelos

I would love to see the Phillips tie up a bunch of money in a player who will carry them to the same heights he took the Nats when he is not hurt or throwing the ball to the wrong base or striking out or hitting solo Homers or leaving RISP

Offline Trea Burner

With that Chris Davis contract anchor around their necks, hard to see the O's in on Bryce. Might as well have just kept Machado.

Wait a second. Harper/Boras are now trying to use the tanking Orioles for leverage?! LOL!!

Offline nfotiu

Yeah, where did the O's comment come from?   

Offline Natsinpwc

Yeah, where did the O's comment come from?
It was in the original link--a tweet in response to Heyman's tweet--it's on the internet so must be true.  :hysterical:

Offline HalfSmokes

We need to start a Harper to the Long Island ducks rumor

Offline UMDNats

Harper is on the cover of MLB The Show this year and they've made a big deal about revealing him in his new uniform as part of the marketing. Yesterday the first trailer came out and he was nowhere to be found :lmao:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Harper is on the cover of MLB The Show this year and they've made a big deal about revealing him in his new uniform as part of the marketing. Yesterday the first trailer came out and he was nowhere to be found :lmao:
Boras' next complaint will be that Harper can't get any national level endorsements.

Offline HalfSmokes

Offline UMDNats

I mean we're a week from pitchers and catchers and there's zero buzz about Harper or Machado. Not to mention the other mid-range FAs available. This is wild to me. Harper and Machado are basically forgotten storylines nationally in what should be a huge story. The sports buzz right now is 100% the NBA trade deadline even with 2 stud free agents a week from cutting into spring training.

Offline HalfSmokes

I mean we're a week from pitchers and catchers and there's zero buzz about Harper or Machado. Not to mention the other mid-range FAs available. This is wild to me. Harper and Machado are basically forgotten storylines nationally in what should be a huge story. The sports buzz right now is 100% the NBA trade deadline even with 2 stud free agents a week from cutting into spring training.

I think it's the same reason baseball tonight was cancelled- baseball is really a local sport. Fans are fans of their teams, not of the mlb. No baseball story can really carry national headlines anymore because most people outside of the involved cities cares. I think when he signs, its a story for a while because either he will have gotten a record breaking deal or he will have been humbled- either way, that's news for a few days

Offline UMDNats

I think it's the same reason baseball tonight was cancelled- baseball is really a local sport. Fans are fans of their teams, not of the mlb. No baseball story can really carry national headlines anymore because most people outside of the involved cities cares. I think when he signs, its a story for a while because either he will have gotten a record breaking deal or he will have been humbled- either way, that's news for a few days

baseball tonight got canceled? wow.

i agree. baseball is a city-driven sport and their efforts to appeal to youngsters all feel super lame and behind the 8-ball (how do you do, fellow kids). the sooner mlb accepts that it's a regional sport, the better. that's also why i think they need to expand in the next 2-3 years. there's too many deadbeat teams with no interest/ability to contend consistently and some fresh blood would be a nice shot in the arm, plus 25 more roster spots per team. i hope the rays are done in tampa as it's just a total embarrassment now. move them to nashville (IMO an infinitely better choice than charlotte) and expand to portland, print even more money.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I can’t see why Harper would fall off the face of the earth defensiveky at age 30. People are just grasping at reasons to justify not signing him at this point. He could also move to LF as well as 1B. Just say his offense is not worth 30 million per year and leave it at that.
I thought he'd be a 40 steals per season and Gold Glove type defender. I understand the lack of steals since MLB as a whole is not stealing as much, but his defense is atrocious. He is an athlete, so I really do not understand why his defense has been so lackluster as a pro.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Bryce apparently met with the Giants.

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over

The Yomiuri Giants.  He'll be a star in Tokyo with that hair. 

Offline UMDNats

it's like when target has a black friday sale. you werent really going to go there, but you have to at least check it out because the prices are so good

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Be a great place for him, and would hamstring them with an untenable contract for years.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Eli's successor?

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
(Image removed from quote.)

:lmao:

Is it me or does it look like he is wearing one of those ab sweat belts things?

Offline miller10

This reminds me of the NFL draft when a highly touted player keeps getting skipped over pick after pick.  It's not quite the same but it has the feel to it.

Offline Five Banners

Eli's successor?

Don't sell a Giant short

Offline hotshot

So, Aaron Judge says today he'd be willing to change positions for the NYY to get them to sign Bryce. If that happens, just cancel the season.

Offline LoveAngelos

But will Judge give him part of his salary?

Offline UMDNats

Judge is the ultimate team guy but the Yankees are not signing Bryce.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
So, Aaron Judge says today he'd be willing to change positions for the NYY to get them to sign Bryce. If that happens, just cancel the season.

That would be the worst fielding outfield in baseball.