Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 42149 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
With each game, it's becoming much easier to understand why Rizzo was willing to let Bryce leave

.455 / .455 / 1.000 through series one

Offline aBaltoNat

With each game, it's becoming much easier to understand why Rizzo was willing to let Bryce leave

I have to admit, I loved our superstar.

But he can't hold a candle to guys like Trout, Arenado, Blackmon, etc.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
That's pretty good  :P

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
The Athletic rates Robles as someone who can exceed expectations, based on exit velocity.

Much was made of Robles’ inability to hit the ball hard last year, but if you looked at his distribution, it didn’t look as badly as it did if you just looked at his averages. Now we have a really hard hit ball from Robles — on a homer off of Noah Syndergaard, no less — and a better idea of his power. Look at his ground ball to fly ball ratios, which were only slightly skewed towards grounders in the high minors, and you start to see that the power potential is real. Projections have him putting up league average power as a .275/12/25 guy who seemed useful late — bump those power numbers and he’s suddenly more like a .280/20/25 guy who might win you your league.

https://theathletic.com/901801/2019/04/05/eno-sarris-a-meaningful-early-season-hitting-stat-you-should-care-about/

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Air Desmond

So, so happy the Nats didn’t cave to the Marlins demands last year. Robles is a certified star.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
So, so happy the Nats didn’t cave to the Marlins demands last year. Robles is a certified star.
Certainly not for just two frickin' years of JT.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Didn’t they ask for Robles AND Soto? If Rizzo had made that deal he would need to be horsewhipped.

Online DCsOwn

• Another New Hope
Juwan: SSS of course, but the ball seems to be jumping off of Robles’ bat this season. He attributes the low exit velo to the elbow injury he had at the beginning of last year, if the extra base hit power is real and continues going forward, is he a future perennial all star at center, and does that make him one of the best players in baseball in a few seasons?

Keith Law: Yes to your first question and I’m not so sure about the second. I’d define “one of the best players in baseball” as, say, top 5-10 overall. I’d feel better about saying he’ll be a top 20 player in baseball. Not playing semantics games here, just trying to be clear.

http://meadowparty.com/blog/2019/04/11/klawchat-4-11-19/

Offline Trea Burner

Kid is good.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Bill Ripken goes :az: over Robles and Soto:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Robles is now my favorite Nat. He’s worth the price of admission.

Offline Air Desmond

You guys can moan about his miscues all you want, but Robles is going to be a star.

That’s 3 homers this year off Syndergaard

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
You guys can moan about his miscues all you want, but Robles is going to be a star.

That’s 3 homers this year off Syndegaard

You mean three homers off a guy with a 1.29 HR/9 rate coming into tonight?

Offline Slateman

.243 hitter who cant make routine plays. And to think some of you balked at trading him for the best catcher in baseball

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
.243 hitter who cant make routine plays. And to think some of you balked at trading him for the best catcher in baseball
not your night.

Offline nats4ever

You couldn't do any better. Your just saying that because he's struggling. When he does play well your trap is shut lol.

Offline Slateman

You couldn't do any better. Your just saying that because he's struggling. When he does play well your trap is shut lol.
Lol, so we can only post about players we can do better than? Dumb.

He hasnt "done well" since the first couple weeks of the season. The Nats are accumulating service time in a lost season for a guy that is in their long term plans. He also has a ton of stuff to work on, like base running and basic defensive play. Theres no reason for him to be on the big league team

Offline UMDNats

Because he'd improve on those things by playing in the minors rather than at major league speed and reaction time? Ok.

Offline Slateman

Because he'd improve on those things by playing in the minors rather than at major league speed and reaction time? Ok.
Yea. Like everyone else. That's actually why the minor league system exists. He's clearly not improving on them at the major league level

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.

Offline Slateman

(Image removed from quote.)
No original schtick huh? No meaningful conversation regarding one of the most highly touted prospects in baseball?

Physician, heal thyself