Author Topic: Tigers TV Team Suspended  (Read 330 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Tigers TV Team Suspended
« Topic Start: September 07, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »
It looks like the Tigers’ television analyst pulled a Papelbon on his play-by-play partner, all over an argument about a chair in the booth. Both have been suspended for the rest of season and will probably be fired.  I know some people don’t like FP and Bob but I could never see that happening here.

http://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/tigers-rod-allen-allegedly-assaulted-mario-impemba-choking-him.html

Offline mitlen

Re: Tigers TV Team Suspended
« Reply #1: September 07, 2018, 09:42:47 PM »
It looks like the Tigers’ television analyst pulled a Papelbon on his play-by-play partner, all over an argument about a chair in the booth. Both have been suspended for the rest of season and will probably be fired.  I know some people don’t like FP and Bob but I could never see that happening here.

http://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/tigers-rod-allen-allegedly-assaulted-mario-impemba-choking-him.html

Paps got Hawpah face to face.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #2: September 07, 2018, 10:37:21 PM »
Please, PLEASE tell me that Jonathan Papelbon will be hired to be the color analyst for Detroit for the rest of the season...

Thank you, Mark Lerner, for playing fantasy
baseball to get this guy on the Natinals

The article said that the Detroit broadcasting team had been together for 16 years.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #3: September 08, 2018, 10:42:27 AM »
Someone said this would be like Bob and FP fighting, but it's more like if Joe B and Craig Laughlin got into a slobberknocker, considering how long those two had been broadcasting together.  Very weird.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #4: September 08, 2018, 10:45:20 AM »
Someone said this would be like Bob and FP fighting, but it's more like if Joe B and Craig Laughlin got into a slobberknocker, considering how long those two had been broadcasting together.  Very weird.

That wouldn't last long.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #5: September 08, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
:lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #6: September 08, 2018, 09:46:11 PM »
That wouldn't last long.

True. Joe B. looks like a stone cold assassin. Nut punch you before you even got to look at him mean.

Offline bluestreak

« Reply #7: October 10, 2018, 11:06:56 PM »
Both announcers were fired. Tigers will have a completely new broadcast team next season.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #8: October 10, 2018, 11:19:49 PM »
For a team that went far in recent memory, this is scraping deep  :lol:
Both announcers were fired. Tigers will have a completely new broadcast team next season.

Offline imref

• 1B: The New Hot Corner
« Reply #9: October 10, 2018, 11:27:12 PM »

Rob dibble and who?