Author Topic: Advice for starting a ticket group?  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Advice for starting a ticket group?
« Topic Start: August 22, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »
I've managed a group since Day 1 in 2005. I now have 3 separate full season groups. (I'm looking for partners if any one is interested.)  I can give you tons of advice but I will stick to your specific questions:

Do you do a draft for the whole season before the season even starts?  Yes, we draft right after the scheduled games times are released sometime in the Jan-March time frame. We use a snake draft, pick order out of a hat.

And how do you deal with Stubhub sales?  Each person will have the allotted number of games they have purchased. They can do what they want with those. SH resales are easy through the Nats site. Money will go to them since they've already paid for that game. You will lose money on most games you put up on SH.

Biggest piece of advice is to keep it as simple as possible. It can be a lot of work to manage ticket groups. Also, get commitments from partners and get their money right up front. Have a plan for how many games each partner will get and collect that money. For example, all three of my plans have eight partners and each partner gets 10 games. Recruiting partners will be difficult this year because the fair weather fans will probably have deserted the team after this down season. If Harper leaves that will make it even more difficult.

Happy to answer any more questions.