Author Topic: Who is READY?  (Read 3290 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Who is READY?
« Topic Start: August 07, 2005, 01:59:54 PM »
With September creeping up on us fast, it is time to start thinking 40-man roster.

my question is not necessarily "who is going to be called up".  my real question is, who is READY to play in the Majors, if anyone..?

we're gonna get a good look at several borderline prospects, but do we have anyone who is possibly ready NOW?

Minors Experts, commence analysis.

Hardball in DC

Who is READY?
« Reply #1: August 07, 2005, 02:29:51 PM »
The guys I could see coming up are (I'm only including guys worth paying attention to):

from New Orleans:
Travis Hughes RHP
Jason Bergmann RHP
Bill Bray LHP
Matt White LHP [maybe]
Rick Short IF
Brendan Harris 2B
Ty Godwin OF
Brandon Watson OF

from Harrisburg:
Saul Rivera RHP
Darrell Rasner RHP
Danny Rueckel RHP
Josh Karp RHP
Armando Galarraga RHP
Larry Broadway 1B
Josh Labandeira SS
Dutch Zimmerman 3B [though I hope I'm wrong]

Offline JMW IV

Who is READY?
« Reply #2: August 07, 2005, 02:31:28 PM »
the Nats Front Office seems to think that Watson is ready.

but then again, we've got some idiots in our front office that might try to make him change his hitting style like they did to Guzman.

Hardball in DC

Who is READY?
« Reply #3: August 07, 2005, 02:31:38 PM »
These are the guys worth watching closer.
from New Orleans: Jason Bergmann RHP; Bill Bray LHP; Brandon Watson OF

from Harrisburg: Saul Rivera RHP; Danny Rueckel RHP; Josh Karp RHP; Amando Galarraga RHP; Larry Broadway 1B; Dutch Zimmerman 3B

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Who is READY?
« Reply #4: August 07, 2005, 03:20:16 PM »
The Nats currently have 3 slots left on the 40 man roster, meaning that only three of the seven of the players you think might get called up, could be, because they aren't currently on the 40 man roster. Any player brought up must first be on the major league club's 40 man roster before he can be called up. Personally, I think LHP John Halama could be added to the list of possibles.

The real question is, which players will be added to the 40 man roster, so they could be called up?

Of the players you listed, I think the Nats will wait until next season to start the arbitration clock started on Bray and Zimmerman, the same with Galarraga. I think any players called up are already on the 40 man roster, but we need to keep an eye out to see if the Nats add anyone to it.

Hardball in DC

Who is READY?
« Reply #5: August 07, 2005, 09:34:35 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Of the players you listed, I think the Nats will wait until next season to start the arbitration clock started on Bray and Zimmerman, the same with Galarraga. I think any players called up are already on the 40 man roster, but we need to keep an eye out to see if the Nats add anyone to it.

Logic would dictate that.  But Jim Bowden has shown logic is not in his playbook.  I hold no hopes that he won't find a way to screw up the recall of players.

You mention only three slots on the 40 man.  What is to stop our brilliant GM from outrighting Short or Harris.  I hold no hope that he won't fritter away at least one more player.

Ryan Zimmerman

Who is READY?
« Reply #6: August 12, 2005, 01:16:48 PM »
What about Kevin Orie?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Who is READY?
« Reply #7: August 12, 2005, 03:52:03 PM »
Quote from: "Ryan Zimmerman"
What about Kevin Orie?

Kevin Orie is going to be 33 next month, making him too old to consider. He's all bat and no glove. He was once a top prospect for the Cubs, but he's become a AAAA type player, too strong for AAA and not good enough for the show.

DelNatsFan

Who is READY?
« Reply #8: August 18, 2005, 03:28:59 PM »
Nobody's mentioned any players from Potomac, Unlees we're considering A too far away.

Korey Casto and maybe Frank Diaz are sure looking like they're ready.

Offline JMW IV

Who is READY?
« Reply #9: August 18, 2005, 03:50:07 PM »
I'm considering anything lower than AA as too far away.

Montcobaseball

Who is READY?
« Reply #10: August 20, 2005, 11:15:09 AM »
Short hit two more home runs last night and his batting .402 !  This has to be the biggest story in minor league baseball this year.